Gonzaga talking to Big XII?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzaga talking to Big XII?

Per Pete Thamel Gonzaga and the Big XII met in Texas about the Zags joining…..

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It can't add too much in regards to monetary value, and I'd worry they'd be like Wichita and quickly fade after they make it in... The bball is shaping up to be brutal like the old Big East, which is great for fans. I'm not sure it's a good look for a major P5 conference to have non-football schools

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
      I'm not sure how I feel about it. It can't add too much in regards to monetary value, and I'd worry they'd be like Wichita and quickly fade after they make it in... The bball is shaping up to be brutal like the old Big East, which is great for fans. I'm not sure it's a good look for a major P5 conference to have non-football schools
      Better than the old BE. No Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, or USF. It will be brutal.

Comment

This is more curiouser and curiouser. If they want to add a basketball only school, will they add a football only school? See Wichita State and Navy. This does not make sense and I do not put a whole lot of faith in it.

"The phrase curiouser and curiouser means increasingly strange. This phrase alludes to the following passage from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (London: Macmillan & Co., 1865), by the English author Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge Dodgson – 1832-1898):"

Comment

Based on this article, it seems like Gonzaga reached out to the Big 12 as well other conferences. I doubt if this happens with the Big 12. I also will state that the reason Gonzaga is always highly rated because the cruise through their own conference. Big 12, Gonzaga leaders meet with league open to expansion, Zags considering power conference move - CBSSports.com School wise, they are more affiliated with the Big East but geography will keep them out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            Based on this article, it seems like Gonzaga reached out to the Big 12 as well other conferences. I doubt if this happens with the Big 12. I also will state that the reason Gonzaga is always highly rated because the cruise through their own conference. Big 12, Gonzaga leaders meet with league open to expansion, Zags considering power conference move - CBSSports.com School wise, they are more affiliated with the Big East but geography will keep them out of it.
            The Zags have played and won against a fairly good OOC schedule recently. I am not a fan of them joining the Big 12 except that they are one more powerhouse basketball team for UCF to lose to them. If they join, they shouldn't get a full revenue share or any football revenue.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...g-joins-big-12

"To get in this league and play who we play day-after-day, I would think it would be a tremendous awakening," Huggins said about Gonzaga. "You don't get to make your own schedule in the Big 12."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X