Why Do I Keep Getting This?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do I Keep Getting This?

Quite often when clicking on a forum topic I get the message "Server too busy. Try again later." I just had it happen and there were less than 100 people on the forum.

Does Bearcatnews need a server upgrade? If so I'd be happy to donate to help out.

Originally posted by nachoman91 View Post
    Quite often when clicking on a forum topic I get the message "Server too busy. Try again later." I just had it happen and there were less than 100 people on the forum.

Does Bearcatnews need a server upgrade? If so I'd be happy to donate to help out.
    I have been getting this a lot lately. In fact last night I logged on and there were a lot of new threads and posts. After reading a couple of posts I received the "server is busy" error. When I finally was able to get back in, all the forums and threads were marked as being read.

Comment

To a certain extent, this board is a victim of its own success and the success of the football and basketball teams. The better the teams do, the more subscribers we get and the more threads/posts we get. We'll take a look and see if there is anything we can do to help alleviate this.
      Keith Wedinger
      Bearcatnews.com Administrator
      Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

I just find it odd that some days I can get on here and there are 100 or more people on the forum with no problems and today with about 60 people on I had problems.

Comment

Have the errors been limited to the forum? Or has anyone encountered them on the rest of BearcatNews?

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
            Have the errors been limited to the forum? Or has anyone encountered them on the rest of BearcatNews?
            Just the forum for me.

It happens to me randomly once every couple of days, and normally when there are LESS people on.

It does say the server is busy, though
            In Mick we trust

Comment

Just the forum for me also.

Comment

Just got it again!

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                  Just the Forums but far more frequently than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Fan Since 1958 View Post
                    Just the Forums but far more frequently than ever before.
                    Big increase over the last few days to a week. I have had it happen half a dozen times. Been over 6 months since I can last think of it happening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jon b View Post
                      Big increase over the last few days to a week. I have had it happen half a dozen times. Been over 6 months since I can last think of it happening to me.

Are you guys using a shared Server? Has there been a new site added to that shared server other than Bearcatnews( I hope so that means good business for you) )

I've expereinced it alot more too lately... just in the forums, the main areas seems to work fine. Do you host the forums in a seperate server?

(all the questions are just trying to help not being critical of course. I've had some issues with this with some of the boards I've put up for clients. All though I use phpBBB not vBulletin)
                      [B]"Is she gone yet?? [B]

Comment

I've had it going on regularly for months.

Comment

Almost never happened to me in the past - now about 25% of the times I try to access, I can't

Comment

Put me down as a receiver of the message several times lately.
                            Just exercised patience when it happend.
                            The Red & Black shall triumph as they are struggling down the field. Oh fight for Cincinnati: McMicken's foes shall yield.

Comment

Sometimes during games or periods of large activity, boards will restrict access to the site to registered members only, instead of members and guests.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X