Please stop with the overmoderating.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please stop with the overmoderating.

Just because certain mods are bored or whatnot doesn't mean they have to lock legitimate basketball and football discussions. I see no problem with continuing a conversation about a certain game in Pennsylvania after the fact. Thread closings of this nature have become increasingly common, and it's more annoying than helpful. Discussions should be allowed to play out to their natural conclusion, barring, of course, that hostilities don't become too fierce.

My overall concern is that it was pointless to close half of the threads that have been closed in recent weeks, and it seems like it's done just because TPTB want to do it. That's no way to run a legitimate forum.

Edit: I put this in the wrong forum. Modding powers should be used to fix that

That is hilarious.

I agree with some of what he said. The site is overmoderated a bit, I'm more used to a looser forum, but...it is what it is. The mods do a good job, they just have a different style than some are used to.
    Last edited by Irishbearcat; 02-28-2008, 08:20 PM.

Comment

You could also create your own forum and moderate it however the **** you want. Just my $.02
      -SlM-

Comment

I think this forum has excellent moderation. I think a little over moderation helps minimize the flaming on here.

Comment

Plenty of other places to post whatever you want - the moderators here do an excellent job - there's another forum where 25% or more of the threads seem to be off topic, and Koch has gone back to closely moderating his blog because the postings had made it almost unreadable. I'm sure Keith, et. al., like to have input on the job they're doing - I, for one, hope they don't change it much.

Comment

I'm talking about overmoderation. Keeping discussions generally on-topic is a good thing, I'm not complaining about that. However, many more threads are being closed, despite not being problems. The primary example would be the Pitt game thread, in which discussion was still flowing. Other threads, however, have been closed for shaky reasons recently, as well.

You could also create your own forum and moderate it however the **** you want. Just my $.02
            That's a silly argument. Kind of like saying, "If you don't like the President, move to Canada." You know very well that that's not a viable option for 98% of the posters here.

Comment

Originally posted by iamspen View Post
              Just because certain mods are bored or whatnot doesn't mean they have to lock legitimate basketball and football discussions. I see no problem with continuing a conversation about a certain game in Pennsylvania after the fact.
              The main resaon I closed the Pitt game thread is because, the game had been over the day previous and there were three other threads with the word 'Pitt' in it. Thought it was overkill and time to move on.

My overall concern is that it was pointless to close half of the threads that have been closed in recent weeks, and it seems like it's done just because TPTB want to do it. That's no way to run a legitimate forum.
              Actually, I feel the reason that the board is legitimate is because of proper moderation.

That's a silly argument. Kind of like saying, "If you don't like the President, move to Canada." You know very well that that's not a viable option for 98% of the posters here.
              Actually, I'll respectfully disagree here. There are three other boards I can immediately think of that would be happy to host conversation about the Bearcats and/or college basketball. I cant speak for any moderation that may or may not occur there, though.

Yes, its a dictatorship. But we try to be benevolent rulers. Thanks to the others who posted positive comments regarding moderation. I wont guarantee we are perfect, but I will guarantee Keith and I are the moderators.

Thanks IamSpen. We are happy to accept more feedback on the Feedback board. Tell us we are wrong, could be better mod's, or invite us to your daughters wedding (with open bar). Happy to listen. But its still a dictatorship.
              Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Mike: IMO you're doing a fabulous job as administrator. Keep up the great administrating.

Comment

I just removed four posts on the "Do or Die" thread on the Basketball board in which someone expressed concern about non-Bearcat related posts (and four subsequent replies).

Since that topic is effectively covered in this thread, I deleted them over there.
                  Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

I'm starting a petition titled 'No sarcasm on the internet'. LOL

Comment

What? that is the worst idea ever.

Comment

Eggsactly my good man.

Best song of my generation......Black by Pearl Jam.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X