Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions

BCN is a pretty nice site for us UC fans. I would, however, love to see some additions. It would be nice if there would be sticky threads (for hoops and football) for each year and the eligibility for the players (* for additional year remaining due to redshirt) of that recruiting class.

In fact, that could be done for several years out. For hoops, it's not that hard (nor as necessary), but for football.....it would be very nice to have.

Also, a forum or thread for alumni so that we can keep track of the careers.

Comment

Alot of what we do or not do at BCN is based on the time and money available.

Time - Keith, Brett and I have full time jobs and this site is a side hobby. This is part of the reason we hate managing some of the users/threads on the message board . . .because we know our time is more valuable in committing to other things if not for a few posts/knuckleheads.
      Money - we charge nothing for the site and therefore our site-related income reflects that. Nuff said.
      - - - - -
      We used to have a full blown Alumni section, but the challenge was keeping it maintained properly.

It was heavy on the basketball side and as each group of players left UC, we would add those 3-6 players into our links. But when you add 3-6 every year, the base got large and it became hard to manage.

Football would be even worse given you have 80+ athletes on the team at any time, compared to 13 for BBall.

It simply became to big a task to do well (and for free), so we started the "We Are They Now" section on the message board.
      - - - - -
      Regarding the future recruit table thingy, I will refer you to the Rivals site who manages one.
      Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

I hear ya. Just thought I'd through it out there. Besides, the big boys don't always get things right.

Comment

I am now a sophmore in high school, when i was in seventh grade i discovered this site, i loved it and really payed close attention to the recruiting part, now a days it is never updated and really badly managed it used to be so awesome and really helped us fans track recruits all in all though the site is awesome
          John Will. I AM WILLIAMSON

Comment

Originally posted by IAMWILLIAMSON View Post
            I am now a sophmore in high school, when i was in seventh grade i discovered this site, i loved it and really payed close attention to the recruiting part, now a days it is never updated and really badly managed it used to be so awesome and really helped us fans track recruits all in all though the site is awesome
            I've admitted elsewhere about my more limited updates on the Recruiting board compared to the past, however, with only one scholly available in 2009 (thats now filled), there wasnt much action.

Also, Aug, Sept and October are traditionally less active on the recruiting front since AAU season is complete and the high school season has yet to start.

Hopefully things will pick up for the 2010 class as this high school season begins.
            Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeInClifton View Post
              I've admitted elsewhere about my more limited updates on the Recruiting board compared to the past, however, with only one scholly available in 2009 (thats now filled), there wasnt much action.

Also, Aug, Sept and October are traditionally less active on the recruiting front since AAU season is complete and the high school season has yet to start.

Hopefully things will pick up for the 2010 class as this high school season begins.
              Mike, have you heard anything about the likes of Payne, Teague, etc. lately? I know a while back you thought you might learn more regarding Payne after the Adidas Take5.
              -SlM-

Comment

Originally posted by SLMadiCat View Post
                Mike, have you heard anything about the likes of Payne, Teague, etc. lately? I know a while back you thought you might learn more regarding Payne after the Adidas Take5.
                Or LaQuinton Ross?
                In Mick we trust

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X