Initial feedback captured from e-mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial feedback captured from e-mail

Just received this via e-mail...thought it would be appropriate to put on the Feedback forum.

As I think of questions and comments I will send them:

Can only members view the member list (i.e. - do you need to be logged-in in
    order to have access to that list?)?

I am a very "parallel" person and noticed that all 3 of you have slightly
    different Admin names? On purpose? It upsets my balance in the universe.

Can you P(rivate)M(essage)? I saw the "allow users to email you" box. If
    email is how we PM, how do we or can we filter (if needed)? Ok, under
    options I found the info on PM so I think I know the answer.

I like the chance to rate (recommend) posts. A great way to say good post
    or I agree without wasting bandwidth saying it.

I like how the email is set up to notify you of new posts - and "auto
    subscribe to thread".

Looks good so far.
    Keith Wedinger
    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Does an admin really have to approve each post (my first post said needs admin apporval)?

You guys won't be allowed to sleep.

Comment

Please see my "sticky" post at the top of this thread. We hope that this registration policy will cut down if not eliminate any possible trolls who join message boards just to make noise.
      Keith Wedinger

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
        I am a very "parallel" person and noticed that all 3 of you have slightly
        different Admin names? On purpose? It upsets my balance in the universe.
        But they can use a larger avatar...

If you are looking to put one together the limits are 50 x 50 and 19 KB or so.
        Bryan Sherman
        BA Econ 1988
        MBA 1995

Comment

Is there a post counter?

Also, I have my CP set for daily email updates and I do like the way they come in. I agree with ColUCAT that it is not quite as personal, yet. The one thing this format will allow is for more personal discussion, but it will be much less personal (probably) for those who do not post often.

One question about the daily emails, does it contain the complete thread every day, or just new postings? I can imagine that truncating larger threads when emailing might be a decent idea. Can you configure to send the previous day's 2 day's posts only? I am not sure that is the best, but if a one week thread ends up with 130 posts, I don't need all the posts sent to me every day, just the more recent ones.

One other thing that cannot be addressed, it is harder to come here. I am already trained and on email 24/7. it is more difficult to have to come to a website to post, but this is more similar to the other 5-7 boards I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by jon b View Post

One other thing that cannot be addressed, it is harder to come here. I am already trained and on email 24/7.
            Come on old dog, you can learn a new trick. . . .
            Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Well, I post on a couple or 3 stock message boards, just began posting on AVSForums although I don't think I will post there much. I post occassionally at ncaabbs and often at a friends site on myfamily.com. So the ole dog knows the tricks, it is about the training.

Comment

The post count feature has been deliberately turned off. We wanted to avoid folks getting into post count contests.
                Keith Wedinger

Comment

There is a post count under the public profile of an individual. I like that there is one, but it is not visable all of the time. It shows new people that are likely to join the board who has been here a while.
                  College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

This is just a test
                    Last edited by richard k.; 04-05-2007, 09:50 PM. Reason: not needed

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X