Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Allow This Forum To Become A Complaint Department?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Allow This Forum To Become A Complaint Department?

It seems like every thread on here is being turned into a complaint department for season ticket holders. Why aren't the mods doing something about it?

Send one relatively new member away and it would take care of most of it.

Remember...this is our "hobby". We do the best that we can with the spare time that we have.
    Keith Wedinger
    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

I agree with the OP. I don't understand why the mods aggressively close certain types of threads using the justification that "they have been talked to death and no good can come from talking about them because they always devolve into the same old arguments... yadda yadda yadda" but then leave open a dozen threads on the 1st page all repeating the same worn-out arguments about fan support, attendance, and Mick's legitimacy.

This should be an extremely exciting period for UC basketball, but it seems that you have to wade through all kinds of whining and negative crap here trying to find any news or legitimate discussion of basketball. I'm sure many valuable would-be contributors have been put off by the level of discourse we're seeing on here.

And Keith. We know it's a "hobby", but isn't this the purpose of the feedback forum? To provide feedback? You guys seem to be very hawkish about removing any Huggins or Kennedy discussion, so I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to point out other potential "problem" topics deserving of your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffto View Post
        It seems like every thread on here is being turned into a complaint department for season ticket holders. Why aren't the mods doing something about it?

Send one relatively new member away and it would take care of most of it.
        I disagree with you here. I am a season ticket holder that just responded to comments about fan attendance. Yes I also complained about pricing, not so much for me (since I keep renewing), but as one of the reasons more people don't come down. I'm sorry that you take issue with this type of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by ME80 View Post
          I disagree with you here. I am a season ticket holder that just responded to comments about fan attendance. Yes I also complained about pricing, not so much for me (since I keep renewing), but as one of the reasons more people don't come down. I'm sorry that you take issue with this type of discussion.
          I think I may have over-reacted a bit just because the blood is like a river coming off the dead horse from the beating it's taken recently. IMO there's just been too much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by YouGuessedItFrankStallone View Post
            I agree with the OP. I don't understand why the mods aggressively close certain types of threads using the justification that "they have been talked to death and no good can come from talking about them because they always devolve into the same old arguments... yadda yadda yadda" but then leave open a dozen threads on the 1st page all repeating the same worn-out arguments about fan support, attendance, and Mick's legitimacy.

This should be an extremely exciting period for UC basketball, but it seems that you have to wade through all kinds of whining and negative crap here trying to find any news or legitimate discussion of basketball. I'm sure many valuable would-be contributors have been put off by the level of discourse we're seeing on here.

And Keith. We know it's a "hobby", but isn't this the purpose of the feedback forum? To provide feedback? You guys seem to be very hawkish about removing any Huggins or Kennedy discussion, so I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to point out other potential "problem" topics deserving of your attention.
            Frank, it seems that your first two paragraphs contradict each other.

". . . it seems that you have to wade through all kinds of whining and negative crap here trying to find any news or legitimate discussion of basketball."

"why the mods aggressively close certain types of threads using the justification that "they have been talked to death. . . ."

I think we are trying to eliminate the 'whining' by doing the second.
            Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeInClifton View Post
              Frank, it seems that your first two paragraphs contradict each other.

". . . it seems that you have to wade through all kinds of whining and negative crap here trying to find any news or legitimate discussion of basketball."

"why the mods aggressively close certain types of threads using the justification that "they have been talked to death. . . ."

I think we are trying to eliminate the 'whining' by doing the second.
              Mike,

I was sort of directing my comments towards Keith who was saying that the mods are busy and can't always moderate the forum. I was just saying that my concerns about the moderation were not that it wasn't being moderated enough, but that it seems inconsistent at times.

For example, there are many times where I would love to interject a comment about Huggins (positive, negative, or neutral) that is pertinent to the topic at hand. However, I try to refrain since I know that he is a hot-button issue with some of the members and threads that go off on a Huggins tangent tend to get locked.

I personally think Huggins threads are often locked too soon by the mods, but I understand and appreciate the explanation that such threads tend to dissolve into hostility and negativity. I only wish that the mods would apply that same logic to the doom and gloomers and their incessant rants on Mick's lack of experience or equating Mick's situation to the 90s in the GMC or attendance or any of the topics that are rehashed ad nauseum and used as a forum by the same few characters to complain about the state of the program.

I get why we can't talk about Huggins, but I wish that, in that same spirit, some of the other refuse on the board could be cleaned with equal zeal.

By the way, I love this board and I think you guys generally do a great job. I wouldn't spend the time writing this if I didn't care about this place and didn't agree that it is truly the best Bearcat site on the net.

Comment

Can't type a word positive or negative about Huggins without the post getting deleted. However, there is no chain on the 3-4 resident Mick haters. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Cafe View Post
                  Can't type a word positive or negative about Huggins without the post getting deleted. However, there is no chain on the 3-4 resident Mick haters. Makes perfect sense.
                  I too have noticed this and wondered myself.

Comment

Originally posted by YouGuessedItFrankStallone View Post
                    Mike,

I was sort of directing my comments towards Keith who was saying that the mods are busy and can't always moderate the forum.
                    You know I am a moderator, right? Just want to make sure - its why I replied.
                    Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X