X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's discuss the closing of threads

......or is this an off topic subject?
    Joey Votto is Da Man. So is the Reds pitching staff!!!!!

I have to say something about this, things that are COMPLETELY RELEVANT TO UC ATHLETICS are being deemed as not relevant and off base, and honestly, it's getting to be a joke that nothing can be said without the dumb thread being closed. With that said, I may not be speaking to you all for a while, if that's the case, it was great knowing you, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all of you, Go 'Cats!

Comment

It is getting bad but the more we complain the worse they are getting. Lets just move on....

Comment

I totally agree with the closing of stupid threads...like Alvin Mitchell transferring next year? Are you kidding me?? His senior year he will be averaging 15 pts a game and will be a leader on this team...That was a dumb thread.

Also, Yancy Gates one and done?? Are you kidding me? No...not at all...that kid will be great...key word...will and he doesn't have the skills to compete in the NBA for another three years.

I am starting to say more and more away from this cite because of the lack of credibility...people just saying off to wall things.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegreatone View Post
          It is getting bad but the more we complain the worse they are getting. Lets just move on....
          Because the administrators on this site think they're the end-all, be-all. They think they've got all the skills needed to effectively build and nurture a community, when, in fact, just the opposite is true. The more we bitch, the more they feel like they might lose power somehow, so the more threads they'll close. This has stopped being a forum because now, we're only allowed to talk about whatever the administrators want to talk about. That kind of "administrating" will lead to a forum devoid of any thought, emotion, or, ultimately, traffic. It's already beginning to happen, and I can't say I feel bad about it.

Maybe one or two of us castaways will eventually create a legitimate forum, where users can talk about whatever is on their minds, and not have to do everything but seek permission to start new threads.

Comment

I find it entertaining when a thread is closed. More fun for me!

They wouldn't have to do it if there weren't so many malcontents engaging in more bickering and name-calling than a bridge club full of 40-somethings with hot flashes. All great people, mind you, but this program has been blistered with bad times and there are so many hot-button topics right now with UC nation taking sides.

If they let some of these arguments go on, there will not be any forum members left after a while. I would expect the thread closings to continue until members prove that they can get along when discussing peripheral material.

Comment

They are the site administrators, and maintain this forum voluntarily at no cost to any of us. Rather than chastising them for managing the forum so that it operates in the manner they envision, which is their right, we should be thanking them for their tireless efforts in providing us an opportunity to discuss UC athletics with others that are interested in discussing UC athletics. Would any one of you out there want to take on their responsibility? I am confident that if you knew the number of hours they work on this site and gathering informtaion for it, you would not. Thanks to Keith, Mike and all the rest of the BCN staff. You do a great job and, in my opinion, we are blessed that you provide us this forum.

Peace and blessings to all.

Comment

Closing of threads is irritating. Some threads I'm getting ready to reply to are closed. Why do I need someone to decide if I want to read something or not? I don't. If two guys are in a pissing contest and I want to read it I do and if I don't I don't. Simple. I'd say 90% of threads stray off topic after 6-10 posts or so. Big deal. It's hard to start a thread on everything someone wants to talk about. Who started this stay on topic thing anyway? The main problem probably is people who bitch about everything. There are people on here who all they do is bitch about someone elses post. They never start a post of their own or add their opinion about anything. I'm sure they complain to the mods then the mods feel they have to do something about it. Mike tries to give you an out by saying you don't like anything a poster ever says put him on ignore. Something doesn't interest you don't read it. Someone else might want to read it. Have you got sense enough to decide if you want to read something or not? You need someone else to decide what you want to read? You still need mommie to tell you to what to do and not to do? I for one don't need someone else to decide what I want to read. I'm a big boy! I can make my own mind up! Freedom of speech is taking enough hits without not having it on a message board. You want to be a robot and think and say everything the same as everybody else? You want to be a puppet and nod your head and agree with everything? Fine. I don't and never will. Now we just need mommie to let the kids go out and play and have fun.

Comment

I do appreciate what the staff at BCN is doing and especially the main page with the links to all stories UC.

With that being said, I agree that it is ridiculous that they keep closing threads. I thought this was a site where bearcat fans can have discussions about anything UC athletics. IMO, the history and/or former players and coaches are very important to what UC is today.

In the past when it was email based it was annoying to have alot of threads that rambled on but in its present state I can choose to read or not read threads that don't interest me or go off topic.

This is my last post on this site and I am no longer going to visit it either.

Comment

I think I seen at least 6 threads jwuc89 closed yesterday. I wonder what his single day record is for closing threads? I understand mods have good days and bad days just like everybody else. I'm sure if they have just read a dozen complaints or more they want to go on the board and kick ***. It's normal. It's like something bad happens at work you go home and kick your dog. I say enjoy the board and don't complain to the mods about ANYTHING! Give them and other posters a break. Just feel lucky you have a place to read about UC sports and quit bitching and I'm sure the mods can allow much more freedom. I say shoot the next guy that PM's a bitch to the mods.

Comment

A thread about closing threads is definitely off topic and should be closed immediately.

Comment

If you do not like how we run things here, you are free to go somewhere else.
                        Keith Wedinger
                        Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                        Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

I agree that many of the threads that are closed, need to be. However, I do not understand how a thread about a losing streak by one of our biggest rivals, which, by the way, directly affects our RPI, is closed, but a thread about a football player at Texas getting an extra year is left open.

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
                            If you do not like how we run things here, you are free to go somewhere else.
                            Then what is the purpose of the Feedback forum?

Comment

We read the feedback and act on some of it. But, I think we've made things pretty clear about how things will be run here. This is not a free-for-all, anything goes type of board.

Threads that meander off topic will be closed.
                              Threads that deteriorate into arguments between members will be closed.
                              Threads that repeat topics already discussed with be merged into other threads.
                              Threads that attempt to reopen closed threads will be closed or deleted.
                              Threads that belong in another forum will be moved.

Posts that are off topic inside a thread will be deleted.
                              Posts that attack other members will be deleted.
                              Posts that repeat what has already been said elsewhere will be deleted.
                              Keith Wedinger
                              Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                              Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X