Threads should NOT be closed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads should NOT be closed

I am posting this in 'General' because I do respect the fact that threads should at least be specific to the sport of the forum in which it is posted; and this thread is obviously not relevant to any sport, per se.
    However, I do believe that any conversation, between Bearcat fans should be allowed. For example, a Huggins thread IS UC related, whether he is still our coach or not. Or a general Big East conversation should be allowed as well, even if the words 'Cincinnati' or 'Bearcats' are never uttered. As UC fans, we have to be aware of the sports world beyond UC and take an interest in teams, programs, players, coaches, issues, events, etc that might not be UC specific, but can still be relatable to the UC program. It is important that we see UC in the context of the greater sports world or just the world in general and if somebody wants to make an observation about something outside UC and bring it to the attention of Bearcat News, if for no other reason than they find it interesting, then there is no reason why it should not be discussed on our forums. After all, we can expand our understanding and appreciation for UC sports if we can juxtapose it against other schools and athletic programs.
    That said, a thread that SHOULD be closed is one that is basically an argument between two or a few participants, one that has nasty remarks towards another member, or one that brings up speculative subjects that are not even rumors (ie: Bobby Knight to UC; however if you want to pose the topic in which you ask who you would like to see as the next coach, that should be OK). But as long as it is civil, a philosophical discussion about whether the Big East is better than the ACC in basketball, or an observation about Ohio State, should be more than welcome on this site.

One idea that I have for this site:
    Some of the members who have greater access to UC sports should write weekly updates on sports besides basketball and football, with player profiles, game recaps, and other important bits of news. I believe that the UC AD and marketing departments see BearcatNews as an invaluable vehicle for discourse about UC and as a news database, and would gladly grant press credentials to members who would like to cover and offer exposure to some of the underexposed UC sports, and then maybe even football and basketball.

OK, that's it for now. KEEP THREADS OPEN!!!!

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X