Quoting has been disabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting has been disabled

To cut down on the size of the posts and threads and to allow the ignore lists to truly work, post quoting has been disabled.
    Keith Wedinger
    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
    Twitter: @jkwuc89

actually that is a huge plus. Thanks!
    "We probably had too many guys last year and it caused a lot of confusion," Cronin said.
    "I watched the film and it was even worse than I said in the post-game," Cronin said.
    “I don’t know how you couldn’t have optimism,” Cronin said.

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89
      To cut down on the size of the posts and threads and to allow the ignore lists to truly work, post quoting has been disabled.
      I guess I can accept this as a good idea. I sure as heck don't want to read anything by the people on my ignore list!!!

Comment

One of the things I noticed going through some threads is that on occasion the wrong person's name now shows up in existing quotes with a little code tag above referring to the actual poster. I had someone reply to me on something I didn't write.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Blah. I'll get used to it, but I don't like it. Seems like I can't reply to private messages either.
          In Mick we trust

Comment

NorrisHopper30 - agreed, seems pretty dumb to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
              Blah. I'll get used to it, but I don't like it. Seems like I can't reply to private messages either.
              Let's see if this works.

Yep sure does.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Let's see if this works.
                No, it didn't work.

Comment

Obviously, I need to tighten this up a bit and allow replies to work from PMs. Further changes coming soon.
                  Keith Wedinger

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
                    Obviously, I need to tighten this up a bit and allow replies to work from PMs. Further changes coming soon.
                    Quote display has now been disabled. Attempts to use the QUOTE format codes will be ignored when the posts and the PMs are displayed.
                    Keith Wedinger

Comment

The rationale behind disabling the quote feature was this.

Members want to be able to add other members to their ignore lists. However, if a post contains a quote from an ignored member, the quoted post is not ignored. Disabling quotes fixes this.

Often times, long posts would be quoted and the only reply to the quote would be a simple sentence indicating agreement. This would needlessly make the threads and posts much longer than they need to be. Disabling quotes also fixes this.

Quoting results in repeated content in a thread. Disabling quotes also fixes this.
                      Keith Wedinger

Comment

But in this case the solution is worse than the problem, IMO. And why are you deleting my posts that disagree with your opinion?

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna have to put in a vote against removing the quote feature.

Its absence really kills the natural flow of conversations within threads.

I can tolerate having to read the quotes from my ignored members. I see the wholesale removal of the quoting system as the proverbial "throwing the baby out with the bath water."

Not a deal breaker either way, though.

Comment

Keith, any reason why you just can't start deleting old threads that haven't been used in a certain time period?

Comment

Really, really bad idea.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X