Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On another note

Originally posted by Bearcat_DF
    I don't understand why the John Riek thread was closed.
    ........because someone has no life and probably no friends. It amazes me how "that person" gets involved with topics that other people want to talk about by closing the threads. Thats why I pretty much stopped posting on here. When I saw this, I had to comment. Most moderators on here seem like they would be fun to sit in a bar and watch a game with. The "one" who always closes threads just to be an "empowered ***" is a jerk.

The moderators have the absolute right to run this forum in the manner they believe fits within their concept or vision. We all agreed to their rules when we signed on. If you don't like how they run it, you can stop visiting this forum.

As for Riek, the guy never enrolled at UC. Never played at UC. Never will play at UC. For all we know, he never intended to attend UC or play basketball there. Tell me how he is in any way relevant to UC athletics. The moderators are right to close the threads, in my opinion.

Comment

I disagree strongly. They have a right to move it. I would have moved it to the "Where are they now"! However, I like keeping up to date on players like Reik. I was very disappointed when he did not become a Bearcat. Nobody ever said that if we got Reik we would not have gotten Lance. Someone else might not be on the team. If Reik is cleared and can play I will be a little ticked off. He may still not be any good, who knows but it seems like we are always looking for size.

Comment

Originally posted by MicksTheGuy View Post
        I disagree strongly. They have a right to move it. I would have moved it to the "Where are they now"! However, I like keeping up to date on players like Reik. I was very disappointed when he did not become a Bearcat. Nobody ever said that if we got Reik we would not have gotten Lance. Someone else might not be on the team. If Reik is cleared and can play I will be a little ticked off. He may still not be any good, who knows but it seems like we are always looking for size.
        Yeah and if he would have stayed and been ineligible you would have been ticked and said "not again!" No win situation.

Comment

There it is. That is the reason that discussions about him do not belong anywhere on this forum. You and I will simply have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Plus, everything about Riek has been hashed to death on a previous forum.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              Plus, everything about Riek has been hashed to death on a previous forum.
              Absolutely agreed. No Riek thread at this point can add any additional value that previous threads added.

Good call by the mods.

Comment

So by extension we should allow threads in the Where Are They Now column for any person ever recruited for any sport, whether they wound up playing for UC or not.

Also ditto on the moderators ability to do whatever they want - like what was said - if you don't like it don't post here, there are plenty of other places to go. Constantly bit__ing about thread closing accomplishes nothing but taking up space.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatRob33 View Post
                  Absolutely agreed. No Riek thread at this point can add any additional value that previous threads added.

Good call by the mods.
                  Most of the mods are cool. I think lobot is the moderator of the people. He gets it. Keith seems to abuse his powers a lot. He believes it is his site and he is doing us a favor. Other mods understand we are the reason this site is up. Let us do what we want.

Mods should make sure people dont cuss and things dont get of hand. Closing threads they dont like or think is relevant is stupid. Just dont read them.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                    There it is. That is the reason that discussions about him do not belong anywhere on this forum. You and I will simply have to agree to disagree.
                    "We are very excited that John has decided to be a Bearcat," said head coach Mick Cronin.

If the coach can talk about a recruit by name - they are a Bearcat. Now, the fact that he never suited up is another story.

I think this topic is very relevant given the news today that Riek will be eligible. So, all the talk about how Mick did all his due diligence and was smart to pass on Riek is plain wrong.

There is one way Mick could have won in this situation and there is one way Mick could have lost. He chose the wrong path and has loss. The facts are what the facts are.

I do not think we lose Lance if we honored the agreement with Riek. We most likely would have lost Biggie. At the end of the season we will know if Mick was right in choosing Biggie over Riek.

While the topic is Riek, the real topic is about Mick's recruiting decisions. I'm not sure why that is censored on this site?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X