Criticism of the Links Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criticism of the Links Forum

I have grown to accept the logic of the Links forum, that it provides members who want to share a link to a particular Bearcat article, with an established forum, rather than having members post links in the context of various threads. I have no problem with that, although it has rendered the middle of the page, where articles used to be posted, as useless and unattractive.

My main problem is THIS:
    Why are responses to links items either not allowed or even deleted? I think that part of the fun of this site is the banter between members regarding the articles about UC sports that people happen to come across. To close a links thread without giving members the chance to debate/discuss its original content is unfair and not within the spirit of this site, in my opinion. I know that the football or basketball forums, for example, are more open to lengthy discussions about UC sports. However, those are more geared towards random thoughts and general musings, such as "what if's...", "remember when's...", and the always popular PREDICTIONS. Whereas, people LOVE to share ideas on things that they read and see on the internet.
    The links forum should be open to discussions.
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Brooklyn Bearcat; 10-22-2009, 01:29 PM.

Please remember that the Links forum is only a temporary holding place for Bearcat related links until the redesigned main BN site is launched. Therefore, there are no plans to change how the temporary Links forum works.
    Keith Wedinger
    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Enough said. Thank you for your reply. Still, I think we should be allowed to post replies to links in the meantime.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X