Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't the threads with the most recent posts show on the main landing page???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't the threads with the most recent posts show on the main landing page???

On the main page, there are 5 posts highlighted for easy "clicking" for basketball, football, general, and links. What is the logic that is used for display here?

In my opinion it should be the 5 threads with the most recent posts, but it does not appear to be that way.

Originally posted by bearcatjim View Post
    On the main page, there are 5 posts highlighted for easy "clicking" for basketball, football, general, and links. What is the logic that is used for display here?

In my opinion it should be the 5 threads with the most recent posts, but it does not appear to be that way.
    Actually it is that way. Sometimes I've seen the server take some time to update but what you're describing is what you should be seeing.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Actually it is that way. Sometimes I've seen the server take some time to update but what you're describing is what you should be seeing.
      It's not that way:

I just took screenshots (which I can email you if you'd like) that are 5 seconds apart.

On the Football Forum the first 5 threads listed are:
      Big Pike Update
      Zach Starts Friday
      UC Has Spoiled Fans
      BK "Just Said No" to ND
      Don't Worry About TCU...

But on the main BCN landing page the 5 threads listed under Football Forum are:

Zach Starts Friday
      Silly Buckeyes-Bearcats feud turning nasty
      WVU Columbus Watch Party at Gresso's
      Defense
      Scouting Ohio Profiles for UC Recruits.

Not even close.

Comment

bearcatjim - mine is working as well. I don't know too much about these kind of things, but have you tried to clear you cookies or anything like that? Keith will be much better at this than I.
        College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

Originally posted by shaunsimpson View Post
          bearcatjim - mine is working as well. I don't know too much about these kind of things, but have you tried to clear you cookies or anything like that? Keith will be much better at this than I.
          I don't get it. I log into this site from 4 different computers, and it's this way on all of them. And yes I routinely clear out that stuff.

Comment

The main BN site is somewhat dormant at the moment so I would not get too concerned with what is displayed there. Hopefully, the redesigned main BN site will be online soon.
            Keith Wedinger
            Bearcatnews.com Administrator
            Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Glad to hear it. These past weeks with the altered format has really made me appreciate the hard work by the BN staff! Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X