Recruiting forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting forum

Being new I`m not sure how recruiting info is handle on this site but has there been any thought of creating a forum just for recruiting? I`m not sure how many other like to follow recruiting but I for one am a bit of a recruiting addict(it helps make the off season go faster). I think a place to go and view recruiting info(commitments, prospects, news, videos, etc) would be a helpful addition. I would be more than happy to help out and keep the info updated.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Alpha5 View Post
    Being new I`m not sure how recruiting info is handle on this site but has there been any thought of creating a forum just for recruiting? I`m not sure how many other like to follow recruiting but I for one am a bit of a recruiting addict(it helps make the off season go faster). I think a place to go and view recruiting info(commitments, prospects, news, videos, etc) would be a helpful addition. I would be more than happy to help out and keep the info updated.

Just a thought.
    There used to be THE BEST recruiting forum on the Bearcats but it was lost in a recent website revision.

Comment

It would be interesting to have a catagory that just listed the players names and then info could be posted about them. Instead of having 100 threads posted week by week.
      College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

I agree, I would love to see the recruiting forum come back in some form. Both for football and basketball.

Comment

I think what's happened is twofold.

1. Mike Ryan no longer has the time to handle the basketball recruiting forum for personal reasons.

2. No one ever handled the football recruiting . We had some users of the board express an interest but it didn't work out for one reason or another. Maybe that's still in play.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I think what's happened is twofold.

1. Mike Ryan no longer has the time to handle the basketball recruiting forum for personal reasons.
            1) That is too bad, he was top notch. Loved it.

Comment

I would love to have a recruiting forum
              When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Comment

I'm all for re-starting the recruiting forum.

I can offer my services in terms of posting information. I don't have much time to monitor or regulate posts, but I have no problem contributing to a "recruiting forum" in the capacity that I contribute with recruiting threads in the basketball forum.

I don't have time to do football, only basketball.

Comment

Before I create forum(s) specific to recruiting, do you favor separate ones for football and basketball or a single one to cover both?
                  Keith Wedinger
                  Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                  Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

I would prefer separate forums.

I think this would help keep organization, allow for less convoluting of the subjects and keep the sports separated.

I'm in favor of separate forums, as if my vote means $hit.

Comment

I think separate forums would work. In my opinion the big think that would need to be done is the subject names would be the players name and there would only be one per recruit.
                      College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

I can help with posting of football articles and such.

Comment

Separate forums.
                          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Yes seperate. I think this would be a great addition and bring more people onto BCN. I used to go here primarly for recruiting updates.

There is a ton of info out there. Cincinnati.com has done a great job in recent months updating local recruit information.

There is always rumors going around. I think most people enjoy that stuff.

The only issue I can see is members of rivals or scout or even espn insider copying that same material.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegreatone View Post
                              Yes seperate. I think this would be a great addition and bring more people onto BCN. I used to go here primarly for recruiting updates.

There is a ton of info out there. Cincinnati.com has done a great job in recent months updating local recruit information.

There is always rumors going around. I think most people enjoy that stuff.

The only issue I can see is members of rivals or scout or even espn insider copying that same material.
                              Or people on BCN stealing information from the sites you listed.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X