Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on how to make BCN BBall forum readable again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on how to make BCN BBall forum readable again.

I am open to any and all suggestions, but this place has become a damn kindergarten "he said SHE said" bitchfest. "Tommy hit me!" ... "Nuh huh...Billy is Stupid!" ... "But Booger Johnny sh!t on Barbara first!"

Seriously this used to be BY FAR the best place to get NEWS and info about the Bearcats and even some decent rational and knowledgeable analysis. Now....typically not so much.

IF ya just need to bitch about something and get it off your chest, do it at home or at the therapist, or at the bar....where people either care about your opinion or can tell you how they feel about it in the civilized manner that is typically forced by face to face interaction.

How bout requiring people to use their actual name, valid email address and maybe even a pic of themselves??? That might stop some of this bullsh!t that people feel so comfortable posting under the lack of consequences afforded by anonymity.....

Go Cats!
    Last edited by CincyBeerCo; 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM.
    Intimidate, Dominate, Celebrate!!!

I sent a PM to the moderators about this very subject and efforts will be made to clean things up. I understand that many fans are frustrated with the progress level of the basketball team. But, taking those frustrations out inappropriately on the basketball forum will no longer be tolerated.
    Keith Wedinger
    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
      I sent a PM to the moderators about this very subject and efforts will be made to clean things up. I understand that many fans are frustrated with the progress level of the basketball team. But, taking those frustrations out inappropriately on the basketball forum will no longer be tolerated.
      Good to hear Keith. Thanks for the efforts! Cheers!

Comment

i thought the point of a message board was to express your opinion?

Comment

There is a sticky post at the top of the Basketball forum thread list which outlines our rules. The moderators and the admins of this site use these rules to moderate the content on this board. We many not catch everything but we do our best with the free time that we have.
          Keith Wedinger
          Bearcatnews.com Administrator
          Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
            There is a sticky post at the top of the Basketball forum thread list which outlines our rules. The moderators and the admins of this site use these rules to moderate the content on this board. We many not catch everything but we do our best with the free time that we have.
            To clarify, my post was directed entirely at the membership (and def not all members) and in no way towards the admins. People on here shouldn't need to be babysat.
            Last edited by CincyBeerCo; 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

There would be absolutely no problems whatsoever if people could just post their opinion, good or bad, without someone calling them 1diotic or some other classless name or accuse them of not knowing anything. This program is very polarized right now in their opinion of Mick Cronin. That is a fact, so why get so upset one way or another. Be respectful and just give an opinion. We are all Bearcat fans...I think...so why does there have to be fights? Just agree or disagree and give your reasons why. It will all wash out in the end. Either he will be replaced, or he'll get extended. Sometimes you get drug into the mud just trying to defend yourself or by getting upset at what people are saying about you. It shouldn't have to be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimer View Post
                There would be absolutely no problems whatsoever if people could just post their opinion, good or bad, without someone calling them 1diotic or some other classless name or accuse them of not knowing anything. This program is very polarized right now in their opinion of Mick Cronin. That is a fact, so why get so upset one way or another. Be respectful and just give an opinion. We are all Bearcat fans...I think...so why does there have to be fights? Just agree or disagree and give your reasons why. It will all wash out in the end. Either he will be replaced, or he'll get extended. Sometimes you get drug into the mud just trying to defend yourself or by getting upset at what people are saying about you. It shouldn't have to be like that.
                Thats the problem...we are at a point where quite obviously opinions are not countered rationally, but rather emotionally and often times spitefully and targeted towards individuals. Even the most ardent Mick supporters obviously have some reservations and frustrations, and obviously many of the anti-Mick contingent are still Bearcat fans and wish success for this team, BUT too may posts are "baiting" and "leading" (if they are not just plain in your face extreme of one side or the other). Its like people are posting just to get reactions out of people rather than have any kind of civilized or informative conversation.

I really think that "Anonymity" is the main reason for this. I have a feeling A LOT of posters on here would not say the things they say and act the way act if those words and actions were directly attributed towards them and their "Real Life" reputation and credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBeerCo View Post
                  Thats the problem...we are at a point where quite obviously opinions are not countered rationally, but rather emotionally and often times spitefully and targeted towards individuals. Even the most ardent Mick supporters obviously have some reservations and frustrations, and obviously many of the anti-Mick contingent are still Bearcat fans and wish success for this team, BUT too may posts are "baiting" and "leading" (if they are not just plain in your face extreme of one side or the other). Its like people are posting just to get reactions out of people rather than have any kind of civilized or informative conversation.

I really think that "Anonymity" is the main reason for this. I have a feeling A LOT of posters on here would not say the things they say and act the way act if those words and actions were directly attributed towards them and their "Real Life" reputation and credibility.
                  Well said! I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by catscratchfever View Post
                    Well said! I agree 100%
                    You will mysteriously not see some of those people around here. They are on vacation.
                    College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X