No announcement yet.

Open letter to members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's offseason. Things are generally very quiet right now.
    Keith Wedinger
    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

It was interesting reading the replies on this post. I have been a regular reader for years, but this is my first post as a new member. For the longest time, I didn't become a member because the quality of the info and interaction was so high that I usually thought I couldn't add anything of that caliber. Over the past year or so, however, there was such nonsense being posted that I finally felt like I could add something of substance from time to time! I am looking forward to engaging in great conversation like has historically been posted on this site.

Comment

Congratulations everyone! 2 months with no reported posts.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I have been on here for quite a while now. I never posted a ton, but did like to get into conversations. To be honest, I have backed off on visits and posts quite a bit for a long time due to the negativity. It stopped being fun. I am glad to hear that you have cleaned out some of the offenders.

It is a down time now. Living out of town and rarely being able to get back to Cincy, I am so hungry for news, any news on football and basketball that I come here several times a day. I do miss the occasional, "I heard this from a source." I liked the thought starter part of that and the conversation it generated. I hope we are still encouraging that part of the forum.

However, if there is no news, there's no news. Things will really start picking up later this summer. I look forward to posting on all the great plays and players we've got in all the sports.
          Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Congratulations everyone! 2 months with no reported posts.
            Make it 3 months. Thanks.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Impressive. But, let's remember that we are in the middle of the off season where things are rather quiet. Hopefully, this continues once football and basketball seasons start.
              Keith Wedinger
              Bearcatnews.com Administrator
              Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Make it 3 months. Thanks.
                So all the tattletales are gone?

Comment

Originally posted by cincycpaw View Post
                  So all the tattletales are gone?
                  That's part of it.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is there a way to add reputation to certain members?
                    For instance I am a member of www.realcavsfans.com and on their forums if you have a useful post others can "thank" you and add to your reputation. It allows users to see who posts quality posts rather quickly. However, that site has much more traffic than this one does. Hopefully that will change at some point.

Or perhaps an ignore list?
                    If a user doesn't like a poster's antics, they should have the power to ignore their posts.
                    "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

I love the reputation feature, but don't know enough about software.
                      College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

Originally posted by shaunsimpson View Post
                        I love the reputation feature, but don't know enough about software.
                        I'm assuming you're a mod here? I can ask around/do some research and see what I can find out about it. I think it is one of the best most interactive features to add to a forums page, and it also helps to get the best posts out of people.
                        "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

Personally, I enjoy both the positive and the negative posters. Some of the so-called "positive" people on here present far less facts that many of the negative posters. If the goal is to have happiness and harmony in here, with not much substance, that is what I have seen since all the changes took place. I know this has been a down period, but this site seems to be way deader than it has ever been in past years during the supposed down periods.

In my opinion, the ones causing the most trouble on this site are the ones who personally attack the other posters. It seems to me that those who have a negative slant typically only attack the program, or the coach, or things about the program that they don't like. There are a number of people on here, who typically fall into the "positive" category, who may not like someone's opinion, and suddenly they're calling them a "troll" or whatever negative thing they can dream up. Then the fighting and arguing ensues.

The fact that no posts have been reported in 3 months means nothing, because just the other day there were so-called "positive posters calling other posters "trolls" and other negative names and nothing was done to the person(s) who did the name calling. If that kind of stuff is allowed to continue, nothing will ever improve on this site.

A good forum is made up of both positive and negative viewpoints and good debate back and forth. Get rid of the name callers and personal attackers and this forum will be good once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bearcat View Post
                            Personally, I enjoy both the positive and the negative posters. Some of the so-called "positive" people on here present far less facts that many of the negative posters. If the goal is to have happiness and harmony in here, with not much substance, that is what I have seen since all the changes took place. I know this has been a down period, but this site seems to be way deader than it has ever been in past years during the supposed down periods.

In my opinion, the ones causing the most trouble on this site are the ones who personally attack the other posters. It seems to me that those who have a negative slant typically only attack the program, or the coach, or things about the program that they don't like. There are a number of people on here, who typically fall into the "positive" category, who may not like someone's opinion, and suddenly they're calling them a "troll" or whatever negative thing they can dream up. Then the fighting and arguing ensues.

The fact that no posts have been reported in 3 months means nothing, because just the other day there were so-called "positive posters calling other posters "trolls" and other negative names and nothing was done to the person(s) who did the name calling. If that kind of stuff is allowed to continue, nothing will ever improve on this site.

A good forum is made up of both positive and negative viewpoints and good debate back and forth. Get rid of the name callers and personal attackers and this forum will be good once again.
                            Care to share what thread that was in? PM me
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He's probably talking about me on the Yancey/Deveroes thread.

Comment

I am sorry to announce that someone reported a post today, so the streak is over.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X