AJ Salley decommits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Salley decommits

This is a weird one. He’s been basically recruiting for the program since the day he committed .

hopefully more will come out here.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Didn’t they get a commit from a higher-ranked TE recruit lately? Maybe he feels like playing time will be hard to come by.

Comment

I believe so. There’s also a rumor out there he was like 20-30 lbs under his weight at the time of his commitment. Not sure what that’s about
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
        Didn’t they get a commit from a higher-ranked TE recruit lately? Maybe he feels like playing time will be hard to come by.
        By the way he was a Offensive Tackle. If the weight thing is correct that might an issue there.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

New offensive line coach.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            Speaking of which did we ever get the whole story on why Crook was moved to another position?
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So did the Coach not like him or did Salley not like the coach or was it not a fit

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

So did the Coach not like him or did Salley not like the coach or was it not a fit
                I think the move to a new OL coach was about getting ready for the Big XII and that has changed the philosophy on who we recruit at the OL positions. Salley is listed at 6'5 260. Oddly enough one of his other offers was from CMU where the new OL coach came from. He's Got ISU, The U, Tenn and UK on his offer list but it was mostly MAC teams.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He wrestles as well. Currently around 220lbs. My guess is they were concerned going into the b12 he would be big enough to be offensive line material at that level.

Comment

He wrestles as well. Currently around 220lbs. My guess is they were concerned going into the b12 he would be big enough to be offensive line material at that level.
                    Wrestlers bounce up and down quite a bit at the higher weight classes. Leaning out for the season helps him in wrestling, but he should bulk up quickly after season and once he hits the Monster Factory. Without any knowledge, my guess is it was beef between new O-line coach about wjether or not AJ should even wrestle. Just a guess, but wouldn't surprise me if the rumors about weight concerns are true.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

^^Wrestling is Fickles love. I doubt if he would have sat back and allowed it to happen if it was over wrestling.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X