Backyard Blitz 2024

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard Blitz 2024

This is today’s press conference with the Football staff and Jowon Briggs. I’m putting it in the recruiting section because they’ve outlined a plan by the staff on how they are going to attack local recruiting in the city and state.

https://youtu.be/AlMQ_HKT10s
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-10-2023, 06:30 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I freaking love that 50 mile radius blitz! This is what the bread and butter of the program is…. If Cincinnati is going to be successful these local kids here need to come here! Like the message so far!
    L

Comment

I liked the way that the D coach praised both Pace brothers. He also talked up how the guys are Power 5 players. Very up beat. Also, I have just become a huge Briggs fan. What a great interview. He is so upbeat, excited and wow, look at the arms on that guy.
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 01-10-2023, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        This is today’s press conference with the Football staff and Jowon Briggs. I’m putting it in the recruiting section because they’ve outlined a plan by the staff on how they are going to attack local recruiting in the city and state.

https://youtu.be/AlMQ_HKT10s
        Briggs is unbelievably impressive. Great young man. Very impressed with the coaches as well. Gonna need some time to replenish but the philosophy is very exciting.

Don't know if I missed anything but is Malik Vann coming back?

Comment

Vann does plan to return in 2023. Very excited to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Joco45215 View Post
            I freaking love that 50 mile radius blitz! This is what the bread and butter of the program is…. If Cincinnati is going to be successful these local kids here need to come here! Like the message so far!
            double that so we can keep getting the kids from ironton

Comment

There are some local coaches are against kids going to UC, Winton Woods and Lakota come to mind. I think I heard somewhere, part of it was the coaches believe UC usn't a major program and part of it is they believe kids should go away from hometown to get college experience. I have to believe the blitz and success of so many local kids, plus move to Big 12 will help change minds of some of those high school coaches. Can anyone provide any more info to refresh my memory if these coaches (or others) have anything against their kids coming to play in Clifton?
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I think part of it is that we have had past coaches that just insulted the local high school scene, and those coaches hold a grudge. I also believe that it is sometimes best for kids to go away to college to be forced to live without mom and dad "the college experience". I think that it would have been best for Yancy to have left town. He had too many people in his head.

Comment

https://twitter.com/UC_Recruiting/st...84971403337728

Classic Kerry Coombs post https://twitter.com/DB_CoachCoombs/s...Cz9faV0eUsAAAA
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-13-2023, 10:11 AM.

Comment

well there are at least 2 major players in the city and so far no mention of UC, but of another school in Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

well there are at least 2 major players in the city and so far no mention of UC, but of another school in Ohio.
                      I've seen several tweets of players getting offers and many coming to take an official visit Jan 22nd including local product from Taft, defensive end Elias Rudolf. There's a danrned long time between Jan and early signing day in Dec, so let's see if anyone commits
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I've seen several tweets of players getting offers and many coming to take an official visit Jan 22nd including local product from Taft, defensive end Elias Rudolf. There's a danrned long time between Jan and early signing day in Dec, so let's see if anyone commits
                        I wonder about Jordan Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I wonder about Jordan Marshall.
                          Marshall seems to be leanining toward Michigan
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Marshall seems to be leanining toward Michigan
                            although Bill Kurelic says tOSU. Regardless the top two two highest rated in Cincy are not coming it seems. M. Hartford and Austin Siereveld. Would like to get one of those 3(Marshall). J. Mathews as well. Plant them flags deep for the next few years.

Comment

You would think as dedicated as this city is to its local kids, someone would be pumping lots of money to some of these higher level kids to keep them here.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X