Spring Football Portal Window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Football Portal Window

This fall the NCAA moved the Spring football portal from May 1-May 15th up to new dates April 15th-30th. This means we may see some movement, either in or out. I don't expect too many impact players, but you could see some big names recruits who finally realize they aren't getting a shot in 2023 and a transfer might get them a better shot elsewhere.

My personal take on one name that Bearcats will jump on is Evan Prater. I really hope he sticks around. I see Satterfield's offense as very well suited to him. Even if he is 2-3 on depth chart, both Jones and Bryant will run out of eligibility. Evan could redshirt, take his COVID year and still have two years at the helm. He has shown vast improvement each year after being in teh doghouse his freshman year.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Hope that Satterfield sees in Prater what the last regime seen in him and develope him rather than let him go in the portal and favor one own transfer recruits.

Comment

Evan Prater reminds me a lot of Des Ridder and I believe he will grow in a similar manner. His upside is far greater than Ben Bryant. Not sure about Emery Jones but there must be a reason he is well traveled. IMHO he deserves the shot to be the starter and leader of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
        Evan Prater reminds me a lot of Des Ridder and I believe he will grow in a similar manner. His upside is far greater than Ben Bryant. Not sure about Emery Jones but there must be a reason he is well traveled. IMHO he deserves the shot to be the starter and leader of the team.
        Which he do you mean should be starter and leader?

As to Emory, Richardson recovered from knee injury and was winning the QB battle, so Emory transferred. I think he was misused in Tempe, as they wanted him to be a pocket passer. I have seen some fans questioned his leadership, but their hasn't been any attitude or other big issues.

Comment

I meant Evan should get the shot to be the starter and leader. He has been here and paid his dues.

Comment

I meant Evan should get the shot to be the starter and leader. He has been here and paid his dues.
            let the better QB by their play win the job.Give all the chance, but the starter must earn it.

Comment

Evan is currently hurt and will not participate in the Spring game per Justin WIlliams this morning.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

OL AJ George and LB Devin Hightower are first two Bearcats in the portal this spring

Comment

LB and Hometown hero Jaheim Thomas has entered the portal

Comment

I wonder what Jaheim’s departure is about? He’s had great growth & Id think would start this year. That’s a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                      I wonder what Jaheim’s departure is about? He’s had great growth & Id think would start this year. That’s a shame
                      My guess is his skillset didn't fit with what new coaches wanted and new arrivals likely were set to jump him on depth chart. He's a true Hometown Hero and I hope he finds a good landing spot. He's very talented, so probably not a talent issue.

Comment

Looks like the Auburn WR Tar'varish Dawson just committed. Great potential add.

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                          Looks like the Auburn WR Tar'varish Dawson just committed. Great potential add.
                          Dawson is a speed receiver at 5'10", 165#. In high school in Florida, he ran 10.58 in the 100 meters. Last season, as a red-shirt freshman, he played in only four games, catching two passes for 30 yards and ran twice for a combined 10 yards.

Dawson was a 4* recruit in the 2021 class as the #22 WR.

Comment

Offer to to DE Anthony Campbell out of UL Monroe
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Offer to Old Dominion DT Chazz Wallace

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget