This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elijah Jones 2024 St. Joseph's Prep HS Philadelphia PA WR commit

Jones has committed to the Bearcats today. He had offers from BC, Pitt, Uconn, ECU and Temple. Rivals has him rated a 3 star.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14652821/elijah-jones
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Additionally, you like to to see this because we've had trouble making inroads in recruiting in PA and this is a nice pick up from that perspective.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Additionally, you like to to see this because we've had trouble making inroads in recruiting in PA and this is a nice pick up from that perspective.
      Is Philly a football recruiting hotbed? I've heard Pitt is very similary to Cincy and know little of Philly. Plus, I like the idea of getting a recruit who's family can drive 4 or less hours to see a game, and it never hurts to steal recruits from Pitt or WVU or JoePa U.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Is Philly a football recruiting hotbed? I've heard Pitt is very similary to Cincy and know little of Philly. Plus, I like the idea of getting a recruit who's family can drive 4 or less hours to see a game, and it never hurts to steal recruits from Pitt or WVU or JoePa U.
        They’re probably next on the big states recruiting list after Ohio. There used to be an interstate all star game between the two states but I’m not sure they still play it.

Getting guys away from Penn St is hard and Fickell probably went crazy trying. That staff recruited hard in the Philly area and really didn’t pull anyone out of there that they wanted.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

They’re probably next on the big states recruiting list after Ohio. There used to be an interstate all star game between the two states but I’m not sure they still play it.

Getting guys away from Penn St is hard and Fickell probably went crazy trying. That staff recruited hard in the Philly area and really didn’t pull anyone out of there that they wanted.
          The Big 33 game used to be played between all stars from Ohio and Pennsylvania. Since 2013, Pennsylvania have played against Maryland.

Comment

Signed!!

https://admin.gobearcats.com/sports/...ah-jones/12183
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X