Paying Recruits to visit
Collapse
X
-
Just because they ask for it doesn't mean you have to play that game. Betting the NCAA catches up to this eventually and rules those players ineligible.
I believe I saw it on ESPN and it was Gene Smith from TOSU who said it is not uncommon for recruits to ask for it.
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-become-commonLeave a comment:
-
I believe I saw it on ESPN and it was Gene Smith from TOSU who said it is not uncommon for recruits to ask for it.
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-become-commonLast edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 09-22-2023, 09:43 AM.Leave a comment:
-
As noted above, it seems sketchy if schools get caught, and I don't see an upside. Maybe paying a top 15-20 recruit to come in for PR to get other recruits talking your name, and possibly sign one. Maybe? However, why pay a recruit who isn't interested in official or unofficial visits? Besides the bribe angle, which will likely result in penalties once NCAA figure this out, the recruit cannot sign or commit or vow not to visit other schools.
Count me in the "not a fan" of this group.Leave a comment:
-
I'm curious where you saw this?
I can see a school paying the expenses for official visits otherwise it's practically bribery.Leave a comment:
-
Paying Recruits to visit
What's everyone's opinion? Apparently recruits are getting $5000 from some colleges.Tags: None
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Leave a comment: