NIL Article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIL Article

I recognize not everyone can read this but if you can, give it a look. The gist of the article is that The Athletic staff went down to the UA All-American Bowl this past weekend and interviewed a bunch of high school players anonymously about NIL and what they are being offered, things they don't like, etc. It's extremely enlightening ($)

Excerpts that mattered to me:

Which school do you think spent the most money on your visit and why?

• Cincinnati. I went to a private dinner after with the head coach.

UCF took us everywhere. We went to a seafood restaurant, went to Topgolf. We did a lot of activities.

https://theathletic.com/5175508/2024...-rule-changes/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I recognize not everyone can read this but if you can, give it a look. The gist of the article is that The Athletic staff went down to the UA All-American Bowl this past weekend and interviewed a bunch of high school players anonymously about NIL and what they are being offered, things they don't like, etc. It's extremely enlightening ($)

Excerpts that mattered to me:

Which school do you think spent the most money on your visit and why?

• Cincinnati. I went to a private dinner after with the head coach.

UCF took us everywhere. We went to a seafood restaurant, went to Topgolf. We did a lot of activities.

https://theathletic.com/5175508/2024...-rule-changes/
    It was refreshing to hear that a lot of the kids still have a good heads on their shoulders. I would think any coach would not want the kid that says it’s all about the money

Comment

I liked the last quote the best - I’ll say this: I wish they could do the rankings based off what you do in an actual game, rather than what you do in a 7-on-7 tournament. At the end of the day, we’re playing football. So I think the best football player should be ranked the highest. -- Gamers

Comment

Two interesting tidbits:

1. More than one recruit mentioned you shouldn't be allowed to take visits once you're committed. This question was crouched around moving the early signing period even earlier and most said they would sign at end of summer. I'd really like to see the early signing period earlier, though you would have to let kids out of LOI if there coaching changes so they could still sign elsewhere in February. This would also help the transfer portal process in that kids would know when they are getting recruited over, and the staff could focus on the portal in December.

2. Recruits talk to a position coach, the head coach, and someone from the Collective (i.e. the Money Man). I still don't really understand Cincy Reigns or other collectives. In my naivitee, I'd like to believe the collectives help connect kids to NIL opportnities specific to the school, yet I know the collectives are offering dollar amounts, then figuring out how to match them up with sponsors later. I still don't understand why fans/alums should donate to the collective when these donations are not tax emempt like our UCats donations. I'd like to see NIL deals like Rheingheist or the the Godfather burgers. Cincinnati has a lot to offer both in terms of well connected alumni and the relatively large metropolitan area.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X