No announcement yet.

Where have all the posters gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this on another thread in case you didn't see it there. I don't know if I speak for everyone else but the Big East falling apart has been a real buzzkill. I still follow UC basketball and football and always will, but the schedule we played in the old Big East (best conference in basketball) was exciting. And the success under Brian Kelly was exciting. Playing Pitt, Syracuse, West Virginia, etc. was a great schedule. We were on during prime time and now you have to internet stream to see games. Alot of football games are now on Thursday and Fridays just like the old C-USA days. Being in the AAC just feels like we took a step back to the Conference USA and Great Midwest days. Days that I thought were behind us when we joined the Big East and I thought we had arrived to stay with the big boys. I know it is what it is and some day we may get to a P5 conf but for now it sucks.

Comment

Again, I'm probably being too picky but I just had a preference for the old format. Felt like I was talking to fellow Bearcats, on a Bearcat endorsed and run web site, supported by Bearcat logos and colors. As an out of town participant, it always kept me closer to home and my teams. This one is pretty generic and just not as easy to navigate or follow topics. There are so few postings on the Home page of articles that would be stimulating to conversation. On the Main Forums, the fresh topics get bumped by the newest topic, and then just seem to die. They tend to get buried on the Forum page. I hate to be critical because I know how much work goes into this, but when the topic came up I thought it was time to give my honest opinion. Again, I may be totally alone on this but I too have never seen the conversation this low. Replies, positive or negative, should not be reduced because we have lost a few more games than expected, so perhaps something else is contributing.

Comment

One thing we just ran into with one user is that they were a junior member and when the board software switched over they lost posting privileges. Anybody else? Email: Bearcatsnews1 at gmail dot com
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

My reason for diminished activity on the site hasn't been mentioned yet so I'll chime in. Pick any gameday (football or basketball) title and click on it. If the Bearcats aren't playing lights out, it's a festival of complaints. It almost seems that some can't wait to take shots. It's depressing. I understand the disappointment of losing. I went to school at Cincinnati in the early to mid 80's and saw a lot of it. Still never missed a game that was in town for football or basketball the entire time I was there. Don't call me on it, it's true and I have witnesses. And I still had fun. It's not life and death, it's a game. There have been some pretty incredible reasons to celebrate the last 10 years. I spend less time posting and more time talking/texting with fans who understand that concept.

Comment

+1 to preferring the old format. The current scheme is more difficult to read than the prior. Not necessarily why I'm not as active but it's not helping.
            "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X