No announcement yet.

Kiel Will start ECU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, come on. If he is on the team, then play him. If it is MUCH more, then dismiss him from the team

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
      Oh, come on. If he is on the team, then play him. If it is MUCH more, then dismiss him from the team
      I agree wholeheartedly. I have heard nothing pertaining to the situation with Kiel and the reasons he is not playing. But if it is like some on here would have us believe, then he should be dismissed from the team. Otherwise, he gives us the best chance to win games and he should never have lost his starting spot.

Comment

Per Enquirer, Kiel starting at Temple.

Comment

Think it through guys! Its not always that black and white. Sometimes its more important to work with a young man than it is to turn your back on him, especially if there are extenuating circumstances. As has been inferred on this site it is a surprise he is playing at all. You don't just throw away a kid because he hits a bump in the road and he no longer is your starter. You are blindly putting the team ahead of the welfare of your players which sends a terrible message to recruits. I hope everyone doesn't turn on Gunner the way they have on our other 2 young QB's if he struggles this week. I think a little trust in our staff's logic in their handling of this would be in order. Do you think for a minute they didn't want Gunner to be their leader this year??? I'm done on this topic, anything that is said only puts Gunner or the coaches or our expert fans in a bad light.

Comment

Anyone who reads this board knows that I'm not a fan of CTT. He needs to go. However I have resisted the temptation to criticize him over the Gunner Kiel situation for 2 reasons.
            (1) I'm not privy to the information that the coaches have on his situation.
            (2) After the mess surrounding the bowl game last year and Gunner's "personal issues", a lot of coaches would have dismissed him.
            There's more to this than we know, and they're obviously not going to share it publicly.

Comment

Expert fans know BS when they hear it. And no, I am not going to dump on TT for trying to help a man (Kiel has to be 23 or 24) but I am not going to defend him for throwing around lame excuses. It is charcoal and off-white. Kiel is either putting in the work to be a starter or he is not. If he is not, he does not deserve a spot on the team. He looked like he deserved to be there Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                Anyone who reads this board knows that I'm not a fan of CTT. He needs to go. However I have resisted the temptation to criticize him over the Gunner Kiel situation for 2 reasons.
                (1) I'm not privy to the information that the coaches have on his situation.
                (2) After the mess surrounding the bowl game last year and Gunner's "personal issues", a lot of coaches would have dismissed him.
                There's more to this than we know, and they're obviously not going to share it publicly.
                They can't legally share the information. Privacy laws come into play. This is why you haven't seen media deep dive and report it. No one at UC can legally confirm anything reporters bring to them for confirmation.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X