No announcement yet.

Tommy Tuberville to resign as Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think TT is a good person. A lot of his off field interests tell me that. A lot of fans say so, players and former players say so. I personally have never met him. He was not a good fit here. The fan base expected someone with more fire, motivational skill, and more hands on approach and we didn't get it. I think if he wants to be an AD somewhere that 's probably a decent fit for him right now. His style of coaching is not inspiring to fans and this is not the first time that's been an issue for him. Time to move on.

I think Texas Tech fans in particular tried to warn us about this. Part of the issue there was he was the polar opposite of Mike Leach but when you look back at the situation at TTU, it's really the same thing. His demeanor was the polar opposite of Butch Jones and Brian Kelly which is what we were used to.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

TT did not not die. We do not need to eulogize him. I could care less if he brought out a couch and slept on the sidelines during games...as long as his teams played hard and smart. He resigned/was fired because his teams got worse as games and seasons progressed. Or the teams did not even show up. I can not see where he would "fit" and don't really care.

Comment

He resigned and, according to the Enquirer, walked away from $500K of his severance in order to not be fired. Settled for $1M severance to walk away.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
          TT did not not die. We do not need to eulogize him. I could care less if he brought out a couch and slept on the sidelines during games...as long as his teams played hard and smart. He resigned/was fired because his teams got worse as games and seasons progressed. Or the teams did not even show up. I can not see where he would "fit" and don't really care.

I didn't notice anyone eulogizing him; just pointing out that, while he didn't fit here, he is regarded as a truly good individual. No need to trash him on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I didn't notice anyone eulogizing him; just pointing out that, while he didn't fit here, he is regarded as a truly good individual. No need to trash him on the way out.
            Yea I've been as vocal as anyone on here about my displeasure with our football program under TT, but I have zero desire to trash the guy on the way out. I've said before he's a likable person. And I'm also sure he still knows the game well. But it just didn't work out here. I wish him well.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X