No announcement yet.

Temple 11/10 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of us have been complaining about the lack of discipline and stupid penalties for 4 years now. But it continues unabated. It's not going to be well received to say this, but when a team consistently commits that many penalties it's coaching. Sorry it just is

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
      I am a huge fan but very, very disappointed in the coaching staff. We never seem to make adjustments. We never have anyone in the middle on defense & get blown up
      With big plays all the time. Offense needs a new direction. Why don’t we pass over the middle of the field???? How in the world can we not have an adequate
      Place kicker. With all the great high school progams in the area, we can’t get a decent kicker from one of the those schools???? Special teams is a mess.
      I believe we should put in a new qb for the last game of the year if we lose at ECU. Why or why are we still getting all of these stupid penalties?
      My goodness, if we don’t get better next year & I mean really better than we are now, we won’t have anyone in the stands in the future.
      Colerain has a great PK. I hope that they are talking to him. I think his name is Chris Mangold.

B.C.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

(Preface this with...I'm living in Germany...not able to see any games....) I'm pretty sure that the cupboard was left completely bare after the TT era but what I read and the posts here are alarming. It's very concerning and difficult not to hit the panic button having lived through the dark ages of UC football to emerge into the light of the glorious 2008-2014 era. The post Big East days (aka TT era) has not been good for the Bearcats and if any conference realignment were to occur in the near future we are now so far behind other teams in our OWN conference it is hard to imagine going anywhere. I look at USF and UCF and wonder if they will become perennial power players in our conference. Well, in Luke we must trust.

Comment

Italy,

I think the situation is TT was a lazy recruiter and some of his assistants over the years were average recruiters and bad coaches. If I had to fault someone for the mess that the defensive squad is in I'd have to blame Art Kaufman and Steve Clinkscale. Kaufman who was a good DC, chose not to recruit pretty much at all and got fired. Clinkscale was a decent recruiter but a terrible technique teacher and in game coach. The other guys that followed Kaufman were questionable coaches with the possible exception of Jeff Koonz. They never had enough talent to work with from the beginning and didn't bring up the level of talent during recruiting because they had no regional ties to the area and virtually ignored it.

Fickell will get the ship turned around eventually but we're in a deeper hole than a lot of us originally thought. The first season from Dantonio and Jones were bad ones becuase of the same type of recruiting issues.

A glance at Twitter tells you that almost none of the former players from TT's era have anything good to say about him. Butch Jones was even questionable with a lot of them.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
            A lot of us have been complaining about the lack of discipline and stupid penalties for 4 years now. But it continues unabated. It's not going to be well received to say this, but when a team consistently commits that many penalties it's coaching. Sorry it just is
            Generally when a player keeps making mistakes and penalties, you replace him with his backup. Apparently we are so thin that by doing that, the level of play actually gets worse. I want to believe we are getting better coaching and things will get better as the new recruits arrive. Would love to hear more thoughts on this.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X