East Carolina 11/18 12:00 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Carolina 11/18 12:00 CBSSN

This game is completely winnable. I'm not sure they'll do it but it's winnable. ECU plays Tulane today at 6:00 on CBSSN. Should be interesting to see how many points they score and give up in that game compared to ours last week. They basically have he same record as UC does pending the outcome of today's game for them. Thomas sirk is the starting QB at this point. He's got a 1:1 TD to INT ratio if we feel like playing aggressive on D. Offense is 3:1 pass heavy but considering Temple was 2:1 and they ran on us all night that may not be what we see from ECU. Their main offensive threat is Devon Grayson at WR.

Stats: http://www.espn.com/college-football...stats/_/id/151
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Well, UC has played better on the road than at home, so there's that. And ECU just lost to Tulane (which we beat last week) at Greenville, so that's a good sign too for a win. Win that game and the UConn game on senior day and we end the season happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
      Well, UC has played better on the road than at home, so there's that. And ECU just lost to Tulane (which we beat last week) at Greenville, so that's a good sign too for a win. Win that game and the UConn game on senior day and we end the season happy!
      Not so sure about "happy." How about "happily?"

Comment

Prediction. Plenty of true freshmen starters next year.

Comment

Only the 1st quarter but this is sad. And what makes it worse when you look at the starting lineup for the defense there are lots of seniors. That means next year we will be looking at lots of inexperience.

Comment

My goodness, our special teams, especially the place kicker have to be the worst in college football. I knew when we started the game and he couldn’t keep it in bounds again, it was going to be a long day.

Willing to give Luke a couple years, but I’m not seeing anything that makes me feel good about next year.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

lots Of inexperience on deck for next year. I’d like to think the defense gets better next year but yeah there’s going to be true freshmen on the field on D. That might be a good thing. I think the overall talent level should go up.

This game is making the D look bad because the offense can’t stay on the field longer than 3 plays. If that happens next year as much as this year, it won’t matter who’s on the field for the defense because they’ll be tired.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The saddest part of this whole story is that this team has not progressed at all this year. They look as bad today as they did in the first game of the year. It's at least 2 years before we hope for significant progress.

Comment

If CLF can turn this program around he will have earned his salary.

Comment

We can only hope.......

Comment

Sickening performance by the Coaches as well as the team. How can this kicker continue to have kickoffs going out of bounds. Defense plays 10 yards off the
                      Receivers. Poor tackling. Absolutely not adjustment by the coaching staff. Let me repeat myself—no adjustments at ALL! Why keep Moore in there when
                      We aren’t doing anything. Put a new QB in there. He cant’ do any worse. We made one of if not the worse offense in the NCAA’s look like we were playing
                      The New England Patriots. If we show no improvement next year, I may not renew my 6 season tickets. CLF needs to do something to change this. NOW!

Comment

Came out flat and got crushed

Comment

I think what we have is a significant learning curve from both the incoming and younger players and the coaching staff as well. There will be mistakes and breakdowns on both fronts but it'll get better and if it doesn't then we made the wrong hire. I'm not interested in judging Fickell at this point in time. This is going to take a while. We can't blame Tuberville forever but he totally sinkholed this program in 3 years.

Imagine if we had fired Cronin like so many people wanted to after year 2 or 3 or 4. If Luke Fickell can replicate that rebuild in football, we'll be in the post season on a regular basis like we were before CTT. I think you can turn it around faster in football. Scott Frost took an 0-12 team and might make a New Years day bowl slot in 2 years if he stays that long. Both Frost and Fickell, and Tom Herman before them, had a rich local talent base to pull from to rebuild. I think since the BCS/CFP system has changed it might be harder to measure success but getting to the G5 Access Slot is completely obtainable from this league. Houston's done it. Likely that UCF, USF or Memphis will do it this year.

Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lobot, I sure hope you are right. Otherwise, we are looking at a long, dark time in football. We can only be thankful it is the basketball season and the Cats are really in gear!

Comment

I've been following the program a long, long time and i would have to say this is a low water mark. I generally preach about how we've been hurt by turnovers, but we only had one today and still allowed a 2 and 8 team to almost drop 50 pts on us. Just pitiful execution in all areas of the game save for the punter. Heading into next year i can never remember a state where we are now, but except for the punter and some d linemen i would say every position is wide open. Just a lack of competent performers all down the line. I think the really glaring thing is the lack of improvement in really any phase of the game. To be perfectly honest, i would have to say at this point in the season, i think this group was more competent under Tubberville. I give Fickell a free year, but way to many football 101 things just to chalk it up to a first year program change. It's really difficult to project either the coaching staff or the players as being prepared. If anything, it looks to be regressing. Next week the battle for the basement. Honestly, i'm not sure we can hang with Uconn at home at this point. Bad, bad, bad.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X