• Show
Clear All

• Fickell named to Dodd Award Watch list

Details gere:

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/10/...atch-list.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I knew it would happen this season, but I still am not ready for the next several months of "Will he stay, or will he go?" It is an agonizing process, and we know all too well that nothing said can be trusted until the nationwide coaching search settles for another year. CLF made a good point, though, that we want the discussion happening because it means we are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
      I knew it would happen this season, but I still am not ready for the next several months of "Will he stay, or will he go?" It is an agonizing process, and we know all too well that nothing said can be trusted until the nationwide coaching search settles for another year. CLF made a good point, though, that we want the discussion happening because it means we are winning.
      It looks like the Enquirer is pushing him to leave.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/4020555002/

Comment

Just picked up a Bear Bryant Award watchlist as well
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

It looks like the Enquirer is pushing him to leave.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/4020555002/
          If we want him to stay, CLF needs to have his pay in the top 40 pay range for head coaches. I think he's around 60th plus. Not only are we winning but he is a class act &
          the players really respond to him. Let's not lose him because of mediocre salary!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post

If we want him to stay, CLF needs to have his pay in the top 40 pay range for head coaches. I think he's around 60th plus. Not only are we winning but he is a class act &
            the players really respond to him. Let's not lose him because of mediocre salary!
            I absolutely agree. The question is can UC, in the current budget situation pay him what he's worth. I don't have a feel for it honestly but boosters helping retiring some of the stadium and arena debt or would go a long way toward fixing any coaching salary issues. The less in debt we are, the more we can pay him.
            Last edited by Lobot; 10-25-2019, 08:44 AM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They should raise the ticket prices a little. It would be worth the investment.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X