• Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Confirmed https://twitter.com/NDFootball/statu...79558657478656

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Just saw that. Makes much more sense. Now we have to play him next year. Fun

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Sounds like Freeman is headed to... NOTRE DAME

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigers View Post
    A few non-trolling pleasant corrections-Orgeron has been in Baton Rouge since 2015. He became HC in 2016. The recruits last year were his not Miles.

The new Offensive Staff is directly from Joe Brady’s Coaching Tree. Joe Brady recommended them. One was on LSU’s staff last year and now returns.

Freeman’s salary has been tripled. Being LSU’s Defensive Coordinator is a great stepping stone. Review Dave Aranda’s career. LSU is returning talent next year that isn’t matched at other job offers. The recruiting class is top 5 and loaded. Tigers had a really bad COVID year with a lot of opt outs and players they left for the NFL. They were the youngest team in the SEC. They also gained valuable experience and aren’t as far from the top as people would like to believe.

I wonder if Orgeron has given any thought into what Fickell's impact is on Cincy's defense?

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigers View Post
    A few non-trolling pleasant corrections-Orgeron has been in Baton Rouge since 2015. He became HC in 2016. The recruits last year were his not Miles.

The new Offensive Staff is directly from Joe Brady’s Coaching Tree. Joe Brady recommended them. One was on LSU’s staff last year and now returns.

Freeman’s salary has been tripled. Being LSU’s Defensive Coordinator is a great stepping stone. Review Dave Aranda’s career. LSU is returning talent next year that isn’t matched at other job offers. The recruiting class is top 5 and loaded. Tigers had a really bad COVID year with a lot of opt outs and players they left for the NFL. They were the youngest team in the SEC. They also gained valuable experience and aren’t as far from the top as people would like to believe.

The Tigers would be a good spot for a year, but is the money worth it for one year? Freeman wants to be a head coach (and deserves to be one soon). He is a midwest guy, so the lure of Noter Shame may be too much for us to match, but again, it's likely only one year. Freeman could be well suited to have a top five defense on a top 10 (or higher) team in Clifton next year, with games against Indiana and Noter Shame able to launch them into CFP conversation again. It will be a tough decision for Coach Freeman and I wish him well, whatever the decision. I think he might be better served to stay in Clifton one more year, then jump to head coach job, instead of a lateral move as DC. The pay difference between LSU, ND, and UC isn't that much with the new raises UC gave Fickell and staff last spring.

Of the two, I'd root for LSU over Noter Shame, but of the three, UC may be best because his scheme is already in place.

Leave a comment:

• Tigers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Everything about this feels wrong to me. Might be bias on my part because I want him stay.

The Freeman family is close with Fickell’s family. The Freemans just built a brand new custom home and moved in before Christmas. Their entire family was living with Fickell at one point.

It’s a big raise money wise for sure but unless his family has ties to Louisiana that I’m unaware of, there’s no reason to go to Baton Rouge.

I think the guys at Scoop are wrong on this. He’s much more likely to end up at ND or somewhere else in the Midwest.

You’ve also got the situation with Ed Orgeron and a big fat Title IX case to deal with if you go down there. The success of Orgeron was mostly based on a defense recruited by Les Miles and an offense run by Joe Brady. With those players and coaches gone, LSU tanked this year.

All good points - hard to disagree. For me, I just think with a wife and 5-6 kids and with a solid head coaching opp. likely to come about in 2022, maybe not worth moving anywhere for a year. But I'm not a coach and not accustomed to the lifestyle where you are on the move all the time.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-08-2021, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Everything about this feels wrong to me. Might be bias on my part because I want him stay.

The Freeman family is close with Fickell’s family. The Freemans just built a brand new custom home and moved in before Christmas. Their entire family was living with Fickell at one point.

It’s a big raise money wise for sure but unless his family has ties to Louisiana that I’m unaware of, there’s no reason to go to Baton Rouge.

I think the guys at Scoop are wrong on this. He’s much more likely to end up at ND or somewhere else in the Midwest.

You’ve also got the situation with Ed Orgeron and a big fat Title IX case to deal with if you go down there. The success of Orgeron was mostly based on a defense recruited by Les Miles and an offense run by Joe Brady. With those players and coaches gone, LSU tanked this year.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Football Scoop thinks LSU is about to get Marcus Freeman. They run a great Twitter account but I do believe they have been wrong about things before so we'll see https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...abbing-top-dc/
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-08-2021, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I think some of these seniors with an extra year are staying for him. If Freeman does eventually leave, you may see some of the returning seniors change their mind.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Fingers crossed he stays for at least one more year.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Per a couple LSU sources, Freeman returned from Baton Rouge with his wife and plans to mull his options with his inner circle, including Fickell.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Freeman will interview at LSU this week according to Brandon Saho at WLWT.

Leave a comment:

• Binturong05
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Here comes ND. We all knew this would happen but we have to wait and see what direction everything goes.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...e-coordinator/
    Other than $$$, not a lot of upside moving from UC DC to ND DC. Freeman will get a shot as a HC soon enough, regardless of whether he takes another coordinator position at a more marquee name or not. If anything, it's a risk as winning here with Fick is almost assured. The same cannot be said at ND or anywhere short of Alabama or perhaps Ohio State... and of course Clemson but few would expect that spot to open anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here comes ND. We all knew this would happen but we have to wait and see what direction everything goes.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...e-coordinator/

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X