Thoughts on Birmingham Bowl Victory!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bearcat Chris
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007
    • 2435

    #1

    Thoughts on Birmingham Bowl Victory!

    1. UC looked great!!

    2. BC looked horrible, but with their coach gone, and leading rusher not playing--still UC would have easily won w/ him playing.

    3. Did Lorenz Metz play?

    4. James Hudson is the real deal.

    5. I would redshirt Prater new year, as Ridder looked very solid today. Great game by Michael Warren too.

    6. Perhaps the best UC performance this year. Glad the lightning stopped, so we could get the game in. Still, glad I did not go.

    B.C.
    "A witness to the pinnacle of UC Football, the 2020 and 2021 seasons... not likely to ever happen again!"
  • bearcatjd
    Distinguished Member
    • May 2015
    • 903

    #2
    Solid win & total domination. We will be stacked for next year with the top rated recruiting class in AAC. Top 20 again next year.

    Comment

    • leo from jersey
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007
      • 6208

      #3
      I thought it was groovy.

      Comment

      • bearcatjd
        Distinguished Member
        • May 2015
        • 903

        #4
        Congrats to CLF & his staff. They did a great job again this year.

        Comment

        • swilsonsp4
          Veteran
          • Apr 2007
          • 5090

          #5
          The Cats played great and the Eagles didn't care. Just after the lightning delay, Dan Hoard passed along a report from Justin Williams of The Athletic that the BC staff went to the refs and wanted to cancel the game. Fickell and our new AD, John Cunningham, stood firm and said UC would stay to finish if it took all night.

          BC had 6 "drives" that garnered no more than one yard. They crossed midfield twice, once against a mixed squad late. They had 5 all-ACC linemen, some on the first team. The Cats shoved them around the entire game.

          Comment

          • SawyerHall68
            Member
            • Oct 2013
            • 79

            #6
            Ridder looked healthy and only a few penalties (how many?).

            Comment

            • BigDaddyCornHusker
              Veteran
              • Apr 2007
              • 1232

              #7
              Originally posted by SawyerHall68
              Ridder looked healthy and only a few penalties (how many?).
              I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it. This had to be the least penalized game of the season for the Bearcats... sure enough 2 penalties (vs 4 for BC).

              Comment

              • BearKatz
                Veteran
                • Oct 2014
                • 3227

                #8
                I thought it was a good win, over a lesser team in B.C. ..... To me, it was a slap in the face for UC having to play a 6-6 Team in the Birmingham Bowl! We lose two very close games to Memphis and we get Boston College after a solid season! So we play an over-matched team that never had a chance! You would have thought / hoped UC could have been paired up with another Top 20 Team? I personally would have preferred a more competitive game against a team with an above 500 record....

                Hopefully next year we get it done, and play in a meaningful Bowl Game!

                Comment

                • bearcatjd
                  Distinguished Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 903

                  #9
                  I have heard we were offered the Liberty Bowl but declined since we had been there for 2 consecutive weeks.

                  Comment

                  • GoCats1994
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 1633

                    #10
                    I am hesitant to post this, since I remember the excitement as a fan in seeing UC play in the 1997 Humanitarian Bowl. Although yesterday's game was further evidence that there are too many bowl games, and the bar should be raised from 6 wins to be bowl eligible. Boston College was not a good team.

                    Yes - I did enjoy watching UC dominate. But I also would have preferred an actual game to watch.

                    Comment

                    • Greg7173
                      Distinguished Member
                      • Sep 2015
                      • 604

                      #11
                      Personally i like watching Bearcat Blowouts. I'm wondering how good Tre Tucker can be if he learns how to catch and hold the football. Offensive line will be much better next year and the running attack will be just as punishing. Replacing Young and Wright won't be easy. Looking forward to 2020 season and an AAC title!

                      Comment

                      • Lobot
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 28326

                        #12
                        Post mortem articles:

                        Athletic ($): https://theathletic.com/1506216/2020...n-a-high-note/

                        Enquirer: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ll/2745987001/

                        GoBearcats: https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/1/3...-bowl-win.aspx

                        Boston Globe ($): https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...pQK/story.html







                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

                        Comment

                        • Gilenerm
                          Distinguished Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 513

                          #13
                          Despite the offensive numbers in the running game, my game ball goes to Bryan Wright who had an amazing game last night. He was a wrecking crew all night! Constantly hitting guys in the backfield, breaking up passes, BIG hits and a recovered fumble. Congrats to him on an awesome career at UC and what a way to finish it out! I'm really going to miss him next year.

                          Comment

                          • coach
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 4356

                            #14
                            I think the real jewel of this season has been he defensive line. BC's offensive line they were saying the pregame had all 5 guys on the all ACC squad be it first, second or hmention. Our young guys blew them up. For a question mark heading into they year, they became our strength.

                            Comment

                            • Bearcat1996
                              Distinguished Member
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 687

                              #15
                              Originally posted by coach
                              I think the real jewel of this season has been he defensive line. BC's offensive line they were saying the pregame had all 5 guys on the all ACC squad be it first, second or hmention. Our young guys blew them up. For a question mark heading into they year, they became our strength.
                              I totally agree with this assessment. Its been a long time since I have seen that type domination over the course of the game. Our D-line was pancaking guys repeatedly. Was a beautiful sight! The best part? They are a young group. Going to fun to watch next year!

                              Comment

                              Responsive Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...