Smu 10/24 9:00 espn2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Like the Tulsa game, I am very concerned about this game. The only two games left that I see as less challenging wins are Temple and East Carolina. The rest will be tough.

    B.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lobot
    started a topic Smu 10/24 9:00 espn2

    Smu 10/24 9:00 espn2

    Hopefully we'll be able to get this game in.

    SMU (5-0) has a very good offense led by Shane Beuchele at QB. Beuchele is 2nd in the nation in passing yards despite not having his #1 receiver available in the last game. Speaking of Reggie Roberson, he was the leading receiver in the country prior to a season ending injury. SMU still has good receivers in Rice, Page, Gray and Granson. What they don't have is a serviceable back up RB to Ulysses Bentley IV because TJ McDaniel is also out for the year.

    The other side of the ball is a question mark. They rank 27th in the country in total defense but I think that's a function of who they've played. They had trouble with the rush against Texas St on the road. I don't think they did much better against Tulane or Memphis even though they won both games. They probably would not have beaten Memphis if not for a career night from Roberson.

    Putting it bluntly, our defense, particularly the secondary, needs to travel for this game and hopefully we'll have everyone healthy.

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...