Complete Disrepect From Notre Dame's Rivals Writer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Disrepect From Notre Dame's Rivals Writer

I came across this article on yahoo of all places. It's a countdown where they rank each of Notre Dame's opponent from 12 down to 1. Apparently we check in at number 5 in difficulty.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/no...o-5-cincinnati

And here's ND's schedule, just in case you want to take a look at it yourselves: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fighting-irish

They've yet to release they're top 4 hardest opponents, but here's who they are in no particular order: Florida State, Wisconsin, USC, and UNC.

I could see maybe ranking one or two of these teams ahead of us, but even that might be a bit of stretch. We rank higher in most preseason polls than all of them. Some of them have UNC ahead of us, I think one has USC up there. But I think if you were to somehow take a compensite ranking, we'd rank either 1st or 2nd in terms of best 2021 opponent.

Look, I know preseason polls are meaningless but this just really irked me for some reason. We've been very good, and we were excellent last year. We're proven. We've got 13 of 21 starters returning with key positions filled. We also have depth that seen a ton of time. How in the **** are you're going to rank Florida State ahead of us?

PS If someone has a 247 account will you share this link on BearcatJournal for me? I'd be curious to see this article get a larger reaction.
    Last edited by MDW79; 03-11-2021, 01:33 PM.

I don't have a problem with being ranked their 5th toughest opponent. I hope they take this game lightly and look past our game.

Comment

I don't have much of an issue with this ranking. The FSU game is on the road, and we have to prove we can travel to & win a big time road game. UNC played ND tough last year. Wisconsin seems to be really good every year, and USC is on the mend. As previous post said, maybe they overlook us and we are their "trap game", but I think we will be a better team than ND next year and win it in their house.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

UC should not play there unless they guarantee neutral refs!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          UC should not play there unless they guarantee neutral refs!

B.C.
          ND can't guarantee that under the terms of their contract with NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

ND can't guarantee that under the terms of their contract with NBC.
            It's a good bet we're being paid good money to play there. I would hazard better than any other away venue.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X