X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/American_FB/stat...23895260975107

UC at Tulane in two weeks at noon (11 am local) will be on ESPN2

Comment

Scoreboard for the coming weekend. No mot much going on here in the way of super important games.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...type/2/week/8#
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Memphis - UCF might be interesting since they are both under achieving this year.

Comment

Pathetic "crowd" at SMU for Mustangs' game with Tulane. Resembles Yager Stadium on a week night.

Comment

End of 1st: SMU 17-7. Tulane just scored on 3-play, 75-yard "drive".

Half: SMU 31-7.

End of 3rd: SMU 38-19

Final: SMU 55-26. Tulane QB got detonated trying to slide and left the field for good. He resembled the "Batman" QB in the Snickers commercials.
            Last edited by swilsonsp4; 10-21-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              End of 1st: SMU 17-7. Tulane just scored on 3-play, 75-yard "drive".

Half: SMU 31-7.

End of 3rd: SMU 38-19

Final: SMU 55-26. Tulane QB got detonated trying to slide and left the field for good. He resembled the "Batman" QB in the Snickers commercials.
              I just saw a replay of that hit. Almost exactly what happened to Gunner Kiel against Memphis. Went into his slide and got lit up. Flags were thrown. It's my undertsanding they picked up the targeting flag though?
              Last edited by Lobot; 10-22-2021, 09:21 AM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Picked up the targeting flag. However, they did call an unnecessary roughness penalty. If you saw the play, it was definitely unnecessary. However, the real damage appeared to be as the QB was hit, his head snapped back, and slammed hard against the turf. It appeared to me as though he may have been knocked unconscious briefly. Definitely suffered a concussion!

As for the game, I was not impressed by SMU. This was my first time seeing them play this year. They are aggressive offensively but not very good defensively. I want them to stay ranked but I feel that UC matches up with them extremely well on both sides of the ball.

Comment

After a 4 hour weather delay yesterday afternoon, Houston had to go to OT to defeat ECU 31-24. I think that game finally started around 9:30pm.

Temple went to Tampa and got beat up by USF 34-14. It will be interesting to see whether Rod Carey can turn it around at Temple or not. He probably gets another year but maybe not two.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Navy defeated Tulsa in Olkahoma last night 20-17. ECU defeated South Florida on Thursday 29-14.

The big one is today at 7:00 when Houston and SMU meet in TDECU stadium in Houston. If SMU wins that game we would likely play SMU twice. Once on 11/20 and once in the AAC Championship in Nippert.
                    Houston is actually in first place in the conference right now due to the fact they've played one more conference game than UC and SMU have. Their lone loss was a season opening loss to Texas Tech in OOC play. UH has had an extremely soft schedule so far this season and SMU is the best team they will play all season unless they get to Nippert for the Championship game.

Here's the scoreboard:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ntype/2/week/9
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Half: UH 23, SMU 20. Cougars jumped up 17-zip. Neither team can cover the receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                        Half: UH 23, SMU 20. Cougars jumped up 17-zip. Neither team can cover the receivers.
                        What a wild one. If you didn't catch the game or the ending last night, go watch the second half because it contains not one, but two 100 yard Kick returns. It got crazy. Houston defeats SMU 44-37.

I think going into this game, most of were thinking that SMU needed to be undefeated for SOS reasons. In retrospect this may acutally do us a favor. Depending how far SMU falls in the poll, both SMU and Houston could very well be ranked at the end of the season which would give us a shot at two ranked teams our remaining games. Houston has a schedule of @ USF, @ Temple, Memphis and @ UConn the rest of the way so it's reasonably likely they could be undefeated in conference play going into the AAC championship.

UC's game with SMU just because more important. Not only do we have to beat them to stay undefeated but we'd have to beat them to make the AAC championship if SMU doesn't lose again somewhere along the line. That game might turn out to be a head to head tie breaker for second place in the conference.

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am pretty sure that UC will be in the conference championship game. We are not competing with either SMU or Houston in the west division. Nobody in the east division will come close to catching UC. I think the way that this plays out, we play and beat SMU. Then we play and beat UH in the championship game. This is a great way to walk into the CFP.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            I am pretty sure that UC will be in the conference championship game. We are not competing with either SMU or Houston in the west division. Nobody in the east division will come close to catching UC. I think the way that this plays out, we play and beat SMU. Then we play and beat UH in the championship game. This is a great way to walk into the CFP.
                            Are there AAC divisions anymore? Every conference standings I see just list winningest to losingest.
                            From the AAC website:
                            Houston 5-0 1.000 7-1 0.875 4-1 3-0 0-0 W7
                            Cincinnati 4-0 1.000 8-0 1.000 4-0 4-0 0-0 W8
                            SMU 3-1 0.750 7-1 0.875 4-0 3-1 0-0 L1
                            UCF 3-2 0.600 5-3 0.625 4-0 1-3 0-0 W2
                            East Carolina 2-2 0.500 4-4 0.500 3-1 1-3 0-0 W1
                            Tulsa 2-2 0.500 3-5 0.375 2-3 1-2 0-0 L1
                            Navy 2-4 0.333 2-6 0.250 1-4 1-2 0-0 W1
                            Memphis 1-3 0.250 4-4 0.500 3-1 1-3 0-0 L1
                            Temple 1-3 0.250 3-5 0.375 2-2 1-3 0-0 L3
                            South Florida 1-3 0.250 2-6 0.250 2-2 0-4 0-0 L1
                            Tulane 0-4 0.000 1-7 0.125 0-3 0-4 1-0 L6

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Are there AAC divisions anymore? Every conference standings I see just list winningest to losingest.
                              From the AAC website: [TABLE]
                              There are not. They dropped divisions with the departure of UConn because there are eleven teams and the divisions would be unbalanced. The AAC Title game will be #1 vs. #2. I think some of us including myself are just assuming UC is in and because of the lack of divisions that's not true. If we lose to SMU and Houston runs the table in conference, we could finish 3rd pending the results of the rest of the scheudle for all 3 of us.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

^^ Thanks for clarifying that up. In that case, I hope that we beat SMU, and run the table, as well as Houston running the table leading into the conference championship. We have SMU at home and if we win out, we will have Houston at home.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X