No announcement yet.

NFL draft prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Athletic's Dane Brugler's "The Beast" is upon us. All 399 draft picks forecast. It's for subscribers only and passworded so there's no point in me posting the link to it. I'll hit the highlights as I work through it. This document has a detailed breakdown of almost every single player in the draft. It's worth the subscription to read the details. If you don't want to subscribe and want to read it, I have 5 invites available for 30 day trial subs to dole out.

QB: Desmond Ridder 3rd QB taken 2nd rd grade.

RB: Jerome Ford 17th RB taken 6th rd grade.

WR: Alec Pierce 12th WR taken 3rd rd grade

EDGE: Myjai Sanders 17th EDGE taken 3-4th rd grade (He lost money at the combine because he was sick.)

DL: Curtis Brooks 21st at position PFA grade

LB: Darrian Beavers 11th LB taken 3-4th rd grade

CB: Ahmad Gardner 1st CB taken 1st rd grade.
    CB: Coby Bryant 11th CB taken 3rd rd grade

S: Bryan Cook 6th S taken 3rd grade

UDFA grades : Vincent McConnell OL, Joel Dublanko LB, Michael Young Jr. WR, Marcus Brown DL

Brugler Has 6 Bearcats listed in his grade order in the Top 100 players available.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was looking over the cornerback grades and was surprised to see that Coby Bryant didn't grade out higher than third round with a grade of 7.4 (3rd Round: High-Level Backup/Potential Starter). He saw a lot of balls this year because quarterbacks would generally not throw anywhere near Sauce and he performed very, very well. I think he has a high potential upside and with some coaching and development could be a really good starting cornerback. Love to see him in Bengal stripes. Thoughts??

Comment

I have 5 invites also if anyone is interested.

I'm really curious to see where Darrian Beavers goes. He seems to have the coverage tools to be a 3 down LB. Bengals need a LB who can hang with TEs. I'm no expert, but Beavers appears to have what it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
          I have 5 invites also if anyone is interested.

I'm really curious to see where Darrian Beavers goes. He seems to have the coverage tools to be a 3 down LB. Bengals need a LB who can hang with TEs. I'm no expert, but Beavers appears to have what it takes.
          I think there was one evaluator who had him ranked #1 in coverage at the LB position. Can't remember who that was though.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
            I was looking over the cornerback grades and was surprised to see that Coby Bryant didn't grade out higher than third round with a grade of 7.4 (3rd Round: High-Level Backup/Potential Starter). He saw a lot of balls this year because quarterbacks would generally not throw anywhere near Sauce and he performed very, very well. I think he has a high potential upside and with some coaching and development could be a really good starting cornerback. Love to see him in Bengal stripes. Thoughts??
            Somebody's mock had Coby in the first round.

Comment

Dwyane Haskins passed away tonight in a tragic accident. Former teammate of Joe Burrow at tosu. This is sad and I pray for comfort to his family. The reason that I post this is because it could affect the QB draft. I would hate to see Ridder to go to the Steelers.

Comment

Ridder visiting Seattle https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...der-wednesday/

The first known visit to Seattle by a QB in this draft class.

Comment

Jordan Schultz: Have now spoken with 13 teams about Desmond Ridder -- all of whom have him graded as a 1st-round player. We’ve been saying this for a while now, but Ridder’s going to go higher than what was originally anticipated.

Comment

These guys are on drugs. Des at 90 and Coby at 101. Just do a "find on page" search for Cincinnati. 2022 NFL Mock Draft: Malik Willis, Matt Corral rise in CBS Sports' three-round projection (247sports.com)

Comment

Dane Brugler 7-round mock ($)
                      https://theathletic.com/3248022/2022...-dane-brugler/

Some highlights without revealing too much:
                      - Sauce top 10
                      - Ridder also first round
                      - Four other UC guys in the top 100 -- including Cook to the Bengals
                      - Three others drafted

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/s...-100-prospects
                        Top 100 NFL Draft prospects

#2 - Ahmad Gardner - Gardner came within an evaluation eyelash of being No. 1. Beyond Gardner's rare physical ability are his ability to maintain concentration, fundamentals and footwork while being one of the least targeted defensive backs in years. It speaks to some internal grit, motivation and pride in your work. Put that in a player who still broke up 24 passes, scored three touchdowns and runs 4.4, and that's some secret sauce. Oh, and he didn't surrender a touchdown pass during his career.

#30 - Desmond Ridder - The more you watch Ridder, the more he looks like a future starter. There's a toughness, heart and get-off-my-lawn edge in his game. Those characteristics are more important than pro-day throws against nobody. Ridder's team won 44 of his career starts, and he was 26-0 during his home starts. He closed out his career with 87 passing touchdowns and 28 rushing touchdowns.

#57 - Bryan Cook - Cook, who suffered a left shoulder injury in November and had surgery after the season, did not work out at the combine or at his pro day. He is a former cornerback whose physicality along the line of scrimmage and ability in coverage -- he played as a slot defender among his many duties -- will make him a popular prospect.

#83 - Coby Bryant - The Thorpe Award winner doesn't have the top-end speed some of the other cornerbacks on the board, but coaches love his all-business approach. Bryant stayed busy opposite Gardner in the Bearcats' defense given few challenged Gardner in a meaningful way. Bryant played an astounding 63 games during his career -- with an added COVID-19 season. He had 51 starts and finished with 10 career interceptions.

Outside the top 100 but "close" - Myjai Sanders

Comment

Mike Dyer has a profile on Darrian Beavers this morning:

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/college-...-the-nfl-draft
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's Draft Day. The NFL Draft will be broadcast on NFL Network, ABC, ESPN and ESPN Deportes.
                            Sauce is in the promo pic.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1519648876596277248

Thursday, April 28 8PM ET
                            Friday, April 29 7PM ET
                            Saturday, April 30 Noon ET

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Mike Dyer has a profile on Darrian Beavers this morning:

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/college-...-the-nfl-draft
                              For Chris's sake, I will point out that Darrian is from Colerain.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X