Murray St. 9/11 3:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray St. 9/11 3:30 ESPN+

The Racers come in 1-0 after a 35-0 victory over MIss. Valley St in week 1. I'm trying to figure how they managed that with their stats line the way it is although the QB had 4 TDs. Here's the box score of that game.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401328420

Murray St QB Preston RIce threw for almost 3000 yards last season. He appears to be a dual threat QB as he chalked up almost as many rushing yards as passing yards last week. I can't find video of this game right now to confirm that. ESPN's page for MSU hasn't had an update in 2 years.

They played last season in the spring semester due to COVID and finished the conference schedule at 5-2. There was no non conference schedule for them last year so there's no FBS team to measure them against.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Here's the write-up in the local Murray, KY newspaper of the Racers' home win over a very poor Mississippi Valley State squad. Sagarin has the Delta Devils as the #251 ranked D1 team (out of 258). MSU are #162. For comparison, Miami are #105.

https://www.murrayledger.com/sports/...69f7a47ad.html

Cats roll, 45-3.

Comment

2 tickets available here. DM. Digital transfer. I’ll need your mobile number to do the transfer and I promise not to text you
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lobot, I will take them unless someone else wants them.

Comment

Here's a preview by the same newspaper - Racers prepare for big-time test at Cincy | Murray State | murrayledger.com

Very complimentary. And accurate.

Comment

Are we to wear black again tomorrow? I can't find any reference to it @ gobearcats.com.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              Are we to wear black again tomorrow? I can't find any reference to it @ gobearcats.com.
              yes - 5 out of the 6 home games are black.

Comment

Flat as *#%
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Based on that first half, we deserve to lose. Out played, out coached, out hustled. Murray state never punted in the first half. Lucky to be tied

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    Based on that first half, we deserve to lose. Out played, out coached, out hustled. Murray state never punted in the first half. Lucky to be tied
                    I agree. These Cats need to come out in the second half, angry, hungry, and disciplined. What helped in the first half were all of the offensive line movement penalties. The 3 picks also helped but without those, the Murray QB was almost perfect. I hate to hear the stats from this half. But tosu lost.

Comment

I don’t know what the **** that was but we need to run the ball and take control of the clock. We’ve had the ball 8:00 in the first half. We can’t score if we don’t possess the ball for the most part. Keep in mind we have 3 picks in this game already and have done nothing with them.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This also looks like a Ridder game from 3 years ago. I was really hoping not to see anymore of those.

Comment

Any word on the players hurt on the opening kickoff?

Comment

Well, finished like the team we should be but man we cannot start that slow against better teams.

this has been a problem on defense even when Freeman was here. We start slow, even at home.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Murray reminded me of UC as an independent. We would play the Miami (FL) and the Penn States close for the first half and then get wiped out in the second half due to depth. Back then, our ones could compete with their ones but we had no depth. Many times, those early games would injure our ones and then we would lose to the teams that we should have beat because we were playing with our twos. Murray just did not have the depth to compete but they do have some talent. Hats off to them for a well planned and executed game.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X