X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Notre Dame 10/2 2:30 NBC

Notre Dame 10/2 2:30 NBC

Looking forward to this one. We've got two weeks to prepare and get people healthy for this one. The two schools have not played each other since 1900, which is kind of wild considering considering geography. We've played exactly once (58-0 ND) so a win would even the series.

ND takes on Wisconsin on 9/25 at Noon on FOX. That game is in Chicago if you're looking for something watch in the early window on Saturday.

In the instance that ND loses they will obviously fall from their current 10/12 ranking. From my perspective this would be a bad thing for UC. We need them ranked as high as possible to bolster our strength of schedule. I'm aware that rooting for ND might be painful for some of you but that would seem to be the plan since there is currently no one else on the schedule that is even receiving votes in the rankings. Memphis is in the RVcategory but we would only see them if both schools make the AAC Championship game.

As for UC you have to win this game, win out for the rest of the seaon, and hope ND and IU are ranked decently when December rolls around if we're going to have a shot at the CFP down the road.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-21-2021, 01:23 PM. Reason: Fixed game location

• bearcatbret
    replied
    You may have to scroll down but there is a tweet that has Des holding a ball and says that ND paid $1.2 M to UC. It said that UC Secured the win and the bag.
    Cincinnati Bearcats Football | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Scores, Stats and Standings

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Post game analysis ($)

https://theathletic.com/2869566/2021...in-south-bend/

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ss/6001359001/

BB Bearcats weigh in on the FB Bearcats

"What's been neat for me is I grew up a college football fan, on Saturdays, watching games," Miller said during his team's media day. "And as I got into coaching, I haven't coached anywhere where there was big-time college football. So I've always just been so buried this time of the year into what we're doing with our team. The fall's really busy in college basketball, so I kind of got away from being a college football fan.

"It's been fun, for a couple of hours every Saturday this year, to be a college football fan again. It's been even more fun to be a college football fan of one of the best teams and best programs in the country. We're energized by what our football program is doing. We're trying to tap into that."

“It’s incredible just to see those guys," UC senior guard David DeJulius said. "They work day in and day out. They’re well-coached. It just gives us a new level of perspective and a new level of hunger to know that they’re at that level. We want to join them.”

Leave a comment:

• Cpaw
    replied
    We beat Notre Dame in South Bend..... can not take that fact away. The game is over, they just need to win the rest of the schedule and let the cards fall where they may. Regardless, they have the opportunity to make this a historic season no matter what the media says.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Because the media and other powers doesn't pay any attention to UC unless it's forced down their throats, like the win at ND and then only for a short period of time. By the time "The Committee" starts ranking teams for CFP the ND game will be long forgotten or considered a fluke.
    or ND dismissed as a mediocre team.

Leave a comment:

• cpawstoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
    There really seems to be a lot of disrespect toward UC before and after this game. UC returned 16 starters from last year right? Played Georgia in a bowl game without our best defensive player and lost by 3. Georgia returned 14 of those starters. Why isn't the media talking about that?
    Because the media and other powers doesn't pay any attention to UC unless it's forced down their throats, like the win at ND and then only for a short period of time. By the time "The Committee" starts ranking teams for CFP the ND game will be long forgotten or considered a fluke.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
    There really seems to be a lot of disrespect toward UC before and after this game. UC returned 16 starters from last year right? Played Georgia in a bowl game without our best defensive player and lost by 3. Georgia returned 14 of those starters. Why isn't the media talking about that?
    I go further and say we would have won that game had James Hudson not been ejected.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post

This guy is an idiot & knows nothing about football!
    Not sure I would nothing about football, but he did say some contradictory things. I didn't say it was an in depth analysis, I was pretty clear that it was entertaining. Also a good reference to make sure we as a fanbase don't go that far.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I hope that this gives the team and "Riddler" some motivation. In this article, the auther spells it Riddler throughout the entire article at least 10 times.
    Plenty of Blame To Go Around in Notre Dame’s 24-13 Loss To Cincinnati - One Foot Down

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Ouch! "These are the self-inflicted wounds that continue to keep Kelly from taking this program over the hump. They are the decisions that continue to result in missed opportunities as a program, and until Kelly is willing to own those mistakes and correct them they will continue to keep him from finally adding to his resume what the great coaches at Notre Dame all have on theirs, a championship."

Brian Kelly's Two Big Notre Dame Flaws Were Exposed By Cincinnati - Sports Illustrated Notre Dame Fighting Irish News, Analysis and More

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

A good friend from high school is a ND alum who also lives in South Bend. He quipped with me that when in Clifton next year, ND will get their payback. When I told him that there is no future game between the two schools, he could not believe it. ND should play a school like UC on a home and home basis, in his opinion. He went as far as to say it was very arrogant of and disrespectful by ND. Take that for what it’s worth.
    Perhaps we offer a home and home series for the future as their "payback", though I think we still win both games

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
    Enthusiasm for the NDU program seems to be down. Wondering at what point they get rid of Kelly and try again.

Another writer on Yahoo said something like "ND looked like the better team" - and like the guy above, I'm not sure what game they were watching, but ND is absolutely NOT a better team than us this year, and despite the early turnovers, did not just "give away" the game to the Cats. But that's how fans are so whatevs.
    A good friend from high school is a ND alum who also lives in South Bend. He quipped with me that when in Clifton next year, ND will get their payback. When I told him that there is no future game between the two schools, he could not believe it. ND should play a school like UC on a home and home basis, in his opinion. He went as far as to say it was very arrogant of and disrespectful by ND. Take that for what it’s worth.

Leave a comment:

• Cliftonite
    replied
    Enthusiasm for the NDU program seems to be down. Wondering at what point they get rid of Kelly and try again.

Another writer on Yahoo said something like "ND looked like the better team" - and like the guy above, I'm not sure what game they were watching, but ND is absolutely NOT a better team than us this year, and despite the early turnovers, did not just "give away" the game to the Cats. But that's how fans are so whatevs.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X