No announcement yet.

Temple 10/8 7:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Temple kicker booted a 55 yarder. He is only a freshman and is from Wilmington, Ohio. Maybe he would want to transfer?!

Comment

Yeah I think Cole has a case of the Gips. Not good. He's limiting.

Not sure I've seen a UC team dominate Temple like that, but I have no idea, they always seem to at least have a pesky team that's competitive. Not tonight.

Too early to say best UC football team yet? Starting to look that way. And they still have plenty of room for improvement (penalties, drops, kicking game etc..,).

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
        Surely UC has a student who can kick FG's better than this.
        It seems every kick hooks left. Maybe just start aiming at the right upright?

Comment

Ford and Wright's runs, wow: Tyler Scott is looking more and more like a pro. Sanders looked good early, then didn't notice him after the 1st half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8qt4TUJL28

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

It seems every kick hooks left. Maybe just start aiming at the right upright?
            Wife and I BOTH noticed - EVERYTHING last night hooked dramatically left!

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Wife and I BOTH noticed - EVERYTHING last night hooked dramatically left!
              It's especially obvious on his extra points. In the NFL he would never make an extra point. It looks like a very bad hooked drive. On the plus side all kickoffs were in bounds and most into the endzone.
              Last edited by Greg7173; 10-09-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
                Ford and Wright's runs, wow: Tyler Scott is looking more and more like a pro. Sanders looked good early, then didn't notice him after the 1st half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8qt4TUJL28
                Sanders was in the backfield on almost every play. He's getting doubled, chipped and run away from but he's disrupting everything even if he's not getting sacks.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                  Surely UC has a student who can kick FG's better than this.
                  OK, here's the thing on Cole Smith. It's in his head at this point. Booing him him at home after a miss is not helping his mental state, I'm sure. He has the leg to make everything but it looks like he's overcompensating for his natural hook. The second one he missed at ND was a high snap that threw off the timing of the kick. I haven't seen a good look at the exchanges from last night yet to see if that wide left kick was good timing wise or not.

I'm trusting the staff on this one. If we had a kicker that was better at FGs and could beat Cole out on the depth chart in practice, he would be out there by now.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I not sure this is the right place but i just noticed Iowa doesn't play osu Michigan or Michigan state

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

It's especially obvious on his extra points. In the NFL he would never make an extra point. It looks like a very bad hooked drive. On the plus side all kickoffs were in bounds and most into the endzone.
                      Alex Bales kicks off, not Cole.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
                        I not sure this is the right place but i just noticed Iowa doesn't play osu Michigan or Michigan state
                        Penn State plays all three. Iowa has a soft schedule. Root for the Nittany Lions today and then switch to the Michigan/Michigan State later in the season.

Comment

This year at least, I feel pretty confident they are a top 4 team. You can't tell me they're any worse than Iowa or PSU? Maybe that changes, but right now, I think they are.

Comment

2 top 5 teams lose.
                            Last edited by Cliftonite; 10-10-2021, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Do the Memphis helmets/uiniforms look eerily similar to Bengals?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

OK, here's the thing on Cole Smith. It's in his head at this point. Booing him him at home after a miss is not helping his mental state, I'm sure. He has the leg to make everything but it looks like he's overcompensating for his natural hook. The second one he missed at ND was a high snap that threw off the timing of the kick. I haven't seen a good look at the exchanges from last night yet to see if that wide left kick was good timing wise or not.

I'm trusting the staff on this one. If we had a kicker that was better at FGs and could beat Cole out on the depth chart in practice, he would be out there by now.
                                Wondering if he is actually hitting it too hard causing the hook. An easier leg swing might straighten it out. Any kickers out there??

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X