The game that scares me......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game that scares me......

Our last game against ECU. They have this monster of a guy as QB. They are 4-4, yet took SMU to OT. The game is there. I believe we will go there at 11-0, and will need to play a perfect game to get out of there with a win.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

It has all the makings of a trap game.

Comment

It nearly was a trap two years ago. The QB passed for a record number of yards against UC’s defense. I believe UC won after a last second FG.

Comment

I agree with this but we have to get past everyone else first or it won't matter much.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I suspect that the AAC conference championship game will be between UH and UC. It looks to me that the Big 12 made some good selections with UC, UH and BYU (I turned that game off at halftime the way that Virginia dominated the second quarter).

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            It nearly was a trap two years ago. The QB passed for a record number of yards against UC’s defense. I believe UC won after a last second FG.
            Say his name! Holton Ahlers. He had 535 yards passing that night. And Sam Crosa had a 32 yard FG that ended the game, a 46-43 win for UC.

Comment

I like the young coach at ECU too. Mike Houston had a lot of success at James Madison and is beginning to get better players, and also better develop players. I doubt Coach Fickel or the team overlooks ECU after their last trip. Ahlers is a good QB, but I like our secondary to hold their receivers until the D-line either forces an early pass or gets a sack. They will make some plays, but not enough.

Beat Tulsa!
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Say his name! Holton Ahlers. He had 535 yards passing that night. And Sam Crosa had a 32 yard FG that ended the game, a 46-43 win for UC.
                You mean the guy we tried to flip from his ECU commit in the 2018 recruiting class?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  Our last game against ECU. They have this monster of a guy as QB. They are 4-4, yet took SMU to OT. The game is there. I believe we will go there at 11-0, and will need to play a perfect game to get out of there with a win.

B.C.
                  I agree and thought the same thing when the schedule was released. Also wasn't there some bad blood between the head coaches at the end of the last meeting or was that 2 ECU games ago? i can't remember the exact disagreement.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post

I agree and thought the same thing when the schedule was released. Also wasn't there some bad blood between the head coaches at the end of the last meeting or was that 2 ECU games ago? i can't remember the exact disagreement.
                    Last year, with the Cats blowing the doors off the Pirates, UC faked a punt and gained the first down. They scored later. ECU HC Houston became enraged with Fickell at the postgame handshake. Fickell told him the up back made the call without his okay. So, ECU have bulletin board material.

Comment

In the last 15 years, has UC ever won convincingly at ECU? We seem to have extreme trouble playing there.

B.C.
                      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

In the last 15 years, has UC ever won convincingly at ECU? We seem to have extreme trouble playing there.

B.C.
                        We used to struggle at Temple too, but won 52-3 this year. I'm not worried about ECU.

Comment

B.C.
                          To paraphrase Donald Sutherland (Oddball) from Kelly's Hero's....."Don't hit me with them negative waves..." I'm trying very, very hard to be totally positive.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X