No announcement yet.

South Florida 11/12 6:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won by 3 scores to go 10-0 on the season. Game was never in doubt. Go Cats!
    "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
      What an embarrassing defensive performance. 28 points allowed to USF. This is simply not a playoff team.
      I have to think this is part a great, gutty performance by their QB and an inability on our part to make the adjustments necessary on defense. We mailed in most of the third quarter but stiffened up when it counted. Also not pleased with the play calling of Dembrock, especially on the goal line. And another deep throw when we should have been taking short to medium and runs to keep the clock running.

Comment

Ridder overall a pretty solid game but he continues to underthrow the deep ball when our guys have the defense beat.

Comment

Started really rough with the turnovers.

I think Tressel went to conservative mode way too early in the game. We stopped being aggressive on defense in the 3Q.

That goal line series should have had an run pass option in it somewhere.

Lots of key injuries. Cook was in street clothes during the game and I did not see Van Fossen come back in after he went out with a wrist (?) injury. McCelland looked like he took a shot to the head and he never came back in either.

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

I have to think this is part a great, gutty performance by their QB and an inability on our part to make the adjustments necessary on defense. We mailed in most of the third quarter but stiffened up when it counted. Also not pleased with the play calling of Dembrock, especially on the goal line. And another deep throw when we should have been taking short to medium and runs to keep the clock running.
            This team simply cannot put opponents away. I’m not sure what the problem is. They get ahead and then allow a clearly inferior opponent to crawl back into the game. And it has happened four weeks in a row now. Eventually, some team is going to take advantage of this and complete the comeback. Even CLF said they have not been good at finishing. Hopefully, the coaching staff can figure it out because the team has not played a complete game since Temple.

Comment

Every opponent gets super motivated and plays at 110% against the #2 team. Most of these teams NEVER get a chance to play a #2 team (after the first or second week of the season, and even then rarely}.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                They get ahead and then allow a clearly inferior opponent to crawl back into the game.
                Not one of those teams was back into the game. The only one I thought might have a chance to get tied was Tulsa and they would have needed a touchdown and a 2 point conversion. These scores may be closer than we would like but being familiar with a team makes it easier to play close. I never was worried about a loss, just frustrated with the constant perception of an "unworthy" CFP team. Oklahoma lost. It is difficult to keep winning without a loss.
                Josh Rexhausen
                CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X