AAC Championship - Houston 12/4 4:00 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    I go back to the Greg Cook years. Waiting a long long time for this. Wow.
    Me too. Great win and the defense did show up big in the second half. Ref's hosed us out of a TD. That was a fumble.

Comment

What a great day! Hard to believe how far we’ve come since I was an undergrad in the 70’s.
      ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        I go back to the Greg Cook years. Waiting a long long time for this. Wow.
        Same here.

Comment

I’m still kind of in disbelief that this has happened. I started following in the early 80s on radio when we were getting bludgeoned by powerhouses every weekend. We’ve come a long long way.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

LOL I had a Jacky Lee football my dad gave me. Early 50s youngsters.

Comment

GROOVY -- But what was this. The announcers were all for UH till the ending. In the second half they said Alabama was trouncing Ga., but could UC hold on to win. The thing was UC up by 15 at the time and UA only 14... Anyhow - Go bearcats ---

Comment

This is the first time since I have been in the stands (early 80s) that the stadium was packed BEFORE the kick-off. Everyone in their seats or should I say standing. Incredible noise and what a win. 13-0 baby.

Comment

We’ve had some coaches that have progressively elevated this program. Rick Minter, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Butch Jones, Tommy Tuberville (not so much). Luke has been a godsend. We are in a good place right now. The college football world can no longer discount the real accomplishments of the UC Bearcats

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                    We’ve had some coaches that have progressively elevated this program. Rick Minter, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Butch Jones, Tommy Tuberville (not so much). Luke has been a godsend. We are in a good place right now. The college football world can no longer discount the real accomplishments of the UC Bearcats
                    You forgot the great offensive genius Sid Gilman from the 50s. Look at what he did at UC and then the pros. He is the only coach in both the college and pro Hall of Fame.

Comment

Game highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHeZRU1qnzw

Looks like a matchup with Bama, barring some whacky move.

Comment

The UC coaching tree is incredible. Maybe someone such as Oldtimer can create a page highlighting all of the coaches that had stops at UC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
                          Game highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHeZRU1qnzw

Looks like a matchup with Bama, barring some whacky move.
                          As Ric Flair says "to be the best, you got to beat the best". Go Bearcats

Comment

You’re right. I was just thinking in this century. But the greatest UC coach of all time (so far) was Sid Gilman undoubtedly. But there were a lot of very dark years between Sid Gilman and the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              The UC coaching tree is incredible. Maybe someone such as Oldtimer can create a page highlighting all of the coaches that had stops at UC.
                              Tony Mason, Watson Brown, Ralph Staub among others - I remember the songs - In cincinnati we are all bearcatty oh oh oh what a team - coach Tony Mason and team are facing some of the best teams in the nation. Then it changed to Coach Ralph Staub can do the job. -- The big heartbreak was losing my favorite Chuck Studley was went on to coach in the NFL including the Bengals. Homer Rice was a short term HC for the Bengals. Dave Currey, Tim Murphy, Mike Gottfried, George Blackburn are the ones I remember, but Ray Nolting I read about.
                              Sis Gilman 50-13-1 and 3 championships.

Comment

In basketball I saw George Smith coach his last game and Ed Jucker his first. -- Tay Baker too , but he doesn't really count . He won 125 games but went to X.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X