X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Do you really think if we win a close game against Houston while ND is idle, ND would pass us in the CFP poll?
    I made this statement before the end of the ECU game.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    If anyone wants to sell me Houston tickets at face value my plans changed and I am able to go. Haven't been to one game yet this year due to conflicts. PM me
    I'm usually a loud and cheering fan I will take one or two tickets.

I thought I saw on a Houston page that they were due to give back their ticket allotment today if it had not sold anyone hear any word?
    Last edited by Josh Rexhausen; 11-29-2021, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Power 6!

Mike Aresco on the AAC championship press conference: “Our championship is one of six to feature two ranked teams. I think this cements our status as a power conference."
    Did he go on to say that both those teams are leaving the conference?

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    If we don"t win big, I think ND could jump us.
    ND could have 4 one loss teams ahead of them with a 13th data point, plus undefeated UC. I'm more worried about Bama beating UGA and a one loss Big 12 champ. Both Georgia and Ok St would have a good claim to be included in the CFP, along with Baba and Michigan (if they beat Iowa). Assuming we beat Houston, then that is 5 teams for four slots. Since Ok St plays two highly rated teams in a row, they could jump the number 4 team, have to assume that is still UC, though could be Michigan. The number one thing to cheer is for Georgia to be Bama.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Via Sam Khan Jr. of The Athletic:

Houston LB Donavan Mutin, who was injured against Memphis, will be "good to go" this weekend vs. Cincinnati, coach Dana Holgorsen said.

Big news for UH's defense. Mutin is a key part of it.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-29-2021, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Power 6!

Mike Aresco on the AAC championship press conference: “Our championship is one of six to feature two ranked teams. I think this cements our status as a power conference."

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    ^Hatred for UC affects a lot of people's judgement. Or it could be ignorance.
    I vote for ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    ^Hatred for UC affects a lot of people's judgement. Or it could be ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• JohnFrancis
    replied
    Anyone watch that SPORTSGRID channel with all the sports betting experts...Scott Wetzel picked SMU and ECU outright (not ats) v. Bearcats...I wonder if anyone actually makes money with online sports betting listening to these hosts!

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Houston vs. UConn recap plus next game against UC. Football Rolls to Big Win at UConn in Regular-Season Finale - University of Houston Athletics (uhcougars.com)

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    This is from the UC News Record. UC football up to No. 3 in latest AP poll | Sports | newsrecord.org

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Per the Houston Chronicle, the Cougars' top RB, Alton McCaskill, left the game at UConn with a shoulder injury after gaining 54 yards with a 31-yard TD. He did not return to the game, which was unnecessary anyway in that blowout. There was no word on the extent of his injury.

Update: Per Dana Holgorson, McCaskill is not seriously injured and is "good to go".
    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 11-28-2021, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    My wife and I have our tickets. Cannot wait for the game. Go Bearcats. Josh, there is no way that the Committee can justify ND jumping us. If they want ND in the CFP, they will have to drop a SEC, B1G, Big 12 team from the invitational.
    I agree. I was asking oldtimer incredulously.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    My wife and I have our tickets. Cannot wait for the game. Go Bearcats. Josh, there is no way that the Committee can justify ND jumping us. If they want ND in the CFP, they will have to drop a SEC, B1G, Big 12 team from the invitational.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    If we don"t win big, I think ND could jump us.
    Do you really think if we win a close game against Houston while ND is idle, ND would pass us in the CFP poll?

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X