Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Mason, Watson Brown, Ralph Staub among others - I remember the songs -

I dont think you can include Watson Brown. If I remember correctly he wasn't here long enough to even have a cup of coffee. Didn't he take another job, shaking the UC dust off His shoes before coaching his first game? I dont want to be a debbie downer but I dont want to give credit to someone who didn't participate in being a Bearcat either! His dust trail leaving Cincy was more turbulent than sleazy Kelly's! Anyway, Cincinnati Bearcats, national champions! Has a nice ring to it
    Watson Brown rode UC's 1983 victory at Happy Valley (14-3) to make more money at Rice after just one season. That's how far the program had slipped. He then went on to Vandy before founding the UAB program in 1995.

That 1983 team featured a QB named Troy Bodine. The team was playing well until he was injured. By the time the season finale came around at UK, the Cats were down to QB #4. In came Dave Currey and ... well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Mike Tomlin comes to mind as an assistant.
      I think that Pat Narduzzi came through UC.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I think that Pat Narduzzi came through UC.
        Yep. Dantonio’s DC
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Yep. Dantonio’s DC
          Pretty sure this thread got hijacked into a nice thread regarding the Cincinnati Coaching tree.
          Josh Rexhausen
          CE'99

Comment

• Rex Ryan just announced he was a former Bearcat and said "Go Bearcats". BTW on the OSU forums the sour grapes are being crushed and the insult is both the Bearcats and UM are making it.
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-05-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Watson Brown rode UC's 1983 victory at Happy Valley (14-3) to make more money at Rice after just one season. That's how far the program had slipped. He then went on to Vandy before founding the UAB program in 1995.

That 1983 team featured a QB named Troy Bodine. The team was playing well until he was injured. By the time the season finale came around at UK, the Cats were down to QB #4. In came Dave Currey and ... well.
              Remember the national press Troy got after the PSU victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Pretty sure this thread got hijacked into a nice thread regarding the Cincinnati Coaching tree.
                I think that you are right. My original message was maybe somebody could start a new thread about the coaches that have come through UC. My applogies to all on the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                  Rex Ryan just announced he was a former Bearcat and said "Go Bearcats". BTW on the OSU forums the sour grapes are being crushed and the insult is both the Bearcats and UM are making it.

Its going to be fun watching all the obscure bearcats come forward to grab some of the limelight! Its also so very funny that our "big brother" up north gets so puckered up and out of joint at our success.😂😂

Comment

• So this should also be in the thread called the coaching tree. UC does have a history of producing some great coaches but we should not forget about the stepping stone up US 27. There have been some great coaches in the past come from there as well. Not so much in recent history though.

Comment

• So what is the over/under of past Bearcats attending the Cotton Bowl? Some of our greats helped build this program. I wonder if UC will reach out and try to plan some sort of alumni group outing. Just please do not invite BK.

Also, where will the best block watch party be in Cincinnati?

Comment

• Thinking about the game, that one scoring drive of Houston in the second half required:
                        A replay overturning a fumble (I still don't understand why since he got hit on the second step.)
                        Two unsportsman like conduct penalties on Cincinnati
                        Houston's biggest play of the game, with blown tackles on Cincinnati's part
                        Generous official spots
                        A converted 4th down.

All that to get the only score of the half for Houston. 13 plays, 7:28 leaving 6:06 on the clock.

All Cincinnati did after the first three scores in the half was try to run clock. They dominated the half more than the 21-7 score showed.
                        Josh Rexhausen
                        CE'99

Comment

• Fun take for Cincinnati fans to enjoy.

Highlights:

Cincy defense on the field for 40 minutes and didn't get tired.

Only 45 plays and 400 yards to score 35 points

0-8 Third downs - "You played 60 minutes and only had 8 third downs? Wow."

Josh Rexhausen
                          CE'99

Comment

• I hope that everyone can view this :

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXKO9pJ...dium=copy_link
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              I hope that everyone can view this :

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXKO9pJ...dium=copy_link
                              Incredible

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Incredible
                                Yes the whole experience was incredible my son and I had to get home so we did cut across the field as everyone was rushing at I believe we took some pictures and we're walking up the west side of the stadium as that song was ending. Still haven't got my voice back and my ears are ringing a little bit.
                                Josh Rexhausen
                                CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X