2021 Bowl Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Bowl Games

There are 7 AAC teams bowl eligible (unless you count Virginia Tech as the auther does). Not bad for a bad conference. Bowl Eligible College Football Teams, Who’s In, Who’s Out (collegefootballnews.com)

Memphis to the Hawaii Bowl

Comment

I hate to bring this up, but if we lose to Houston we are not eligible for the NY6 bowls. I hope we don't ever have to consider this, but how bad of a fall is it? What is the default AAC bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
        I hate to bring this up, but if we lose to Houston we are not eligible for the NY6 bowls. I hope we don't ever have to consider this, but how bad of a fall is it? What is the default AAC bowl?
        Who would go ahead of UC?

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Who would go ahead of UC?
          Houston if someone from the AAC?
          Josh Rexhausen
          CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Houston if someone from the AAC?
            All G5 teams are ranked so far behind UC that I don't see any other team being ranked ahead of UC even if they lose to Houston.

Comment

It is written as the " In addition, the highest-ranked champion from the "Group of Five" conferences (The American, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt) is guaranteed a berth if the group's top team is not in the playoff." Here is an article from the Athletic ($) that outlines the best candidates if UC loses:

https://theathletic.com/2970480/2021...years-six-bid/

Comment

If Houston wins this weekend, I have no doubts they will be the highest ranked G5 "champion". However, Cincinnati will be ranked higher. How far do we fall? Is it remotely possible for Cincinnati to lose this weekend and still get an NY6 bid? Are we really talking CFP or bust, with bust being the Fenway Bowl?
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                  Military Bowl already offered ECU. Fenway Bowl might be next best. However, the NY6 bowls do have at-large spots. If we lose to Houston and drop to 9th or 11th, we could get an at-large, but I have to believe the chances are very slim.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

If we lose (once again perish the thought), it is terrible to contemplate that our reward for an incredible 12-1 season would be the Fenway bowl. Fortunately moving to the Big 12 would remediate that.

2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Pac-12
                    3. Cheez-It Bowl vs. ACC
                    4. Mercari Texas Bowl vs. SEC
                    5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. SEC
                    6. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big Ten

My favorite non-New Years Day bowl would be the Liberty Bowl. New Years Eve in Memphis is pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                      If Houston wins this weekend, I have no doubts they will be the highest ranked G5 "champion". However, Cincinnati will be ranked higher. How far do we fall? Is it remotely possible for Cincinnati to lose this weekend and still get an NY6 bid? Are we really talking CFP or bust, with bust being the Fenway Bowl?
                      I saw an article about Notre Dame's chances of jumping UC which said Notre Dame's loss to us would not be a "bad loss", but also said A UC loss to Houston would not be a bad loss either. FWIW.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X