No announcement yet.

2021 Bowl Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fairly sure if the bowl is canceled and you don't play the game, there's no payout to the schools or conferences. I think I saw that in regards to Hawaii after they basically opted out of the game. (There's more going there than Covid)
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Men's Basketball's Tuesday Game at Houston Canceled - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
      The state of Texas must be getting hit hard. I wonder if they will relocate the Cotton Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

I'm not seeing anything said about the payouts of the bowl games. I understand they're not making as much money as they would have if they had played the game and had the attendance but whatever money his left should be paid to these teams from the ACC that are missing out on games due to no fault of their own.
        I know it's bad for the schools, but there's something heartwarming about ESPN and Disney losing all that content and ad dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
          ECU and SMU won’t have opponents to play in their bowl games due to Covid. Both were scheduled to play P5 opponents. 🤔
          ECU's opponent in the Military Bowl, Boston College, has had a weird experience in each of their last three Bowls. In 2018, their First Responder Bowl game was cancelled in the 1st Quarter after lighting strikes in the area that continued through the day. The next season, their Birmingham Bowl game against UC also had a lengthy delay, also for lightening, but was eventually completed, the Bearcats winning. And now this year's cancellation.

So, avoid islands and Boston College?
          Last edited by Geaux Juan; 12-27-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Half: UH 10, Auburn 3 in B’ham

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              Half: UH 10, Auburn 3 in B’ham
              17-13 final with 2 Ints thrown by Houston.
              Josh Rexhausen
              CE'99

Comment

That int by Houston in the 2nd half looked like a game changer until Auburn was called for targeting & lost it's Defensive leader

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  Men's Basketball's Tuesday Game at Houston Canceled - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                  The state of Texas must be getting hit hard. I wonder if they will relocate the Cotton Bowl.

I find it extremely interesting that with all the cancelations and players being held out of play because of the amping up of covid both in the college and pro ranks that the protocols have now been reduced for those that been vaxed. The separation period is now half of what it previously was. Too much money being lost I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                    That int by Houston in the 2nd half looked like a game changer until Auburn was called for targeting & lost it's Defensive leader
                    Alabama are not a team of "supermen". Auburn took Alabama to 4 OT's. Houston beats Auburn today, and we beat Houston by 15. We can win this game, so long as we don't have any turnovers.

B.C.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Alabama are not a team of "supermen". Auburn took Alabama to 4 OT's. Houston beats Auburn today, and we beat Houston by 15. We can win this game, so long as we don't have any turnovers.

B.C.
                      You know I always like the transitive property applied in sports, but we all witnessed OSU>MSU>Mich>OSU. I really want it to work in this instance, I am hoping with some believing as well BC.
                      Josh Rexhausen
                      CE'99

Comment

For those that care, here are all of the results. NCAA Football Scoreboard - Top 25 | ESPN

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X