X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Way Too Early Top 25s

Way Too Early Top 25s

Brett McMurphy, who seemingly hates us for some reason, didn't rank the Cats in the Action Network's Top 25. I'm not even going to link to it as a result.

Here's Stewart Mandel's version from the Athletic ($) Cats are at #20 here

https://theathletic.com/3061619/2022...ampaign=601983

I'm sure more of these will come at today or tomorrow
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-11-2022, 02:50 PM.

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    21. Cincinnati — The first Group of 5 team to make the College Football Playoff has to replace nine players lost to the NFL Draft to keep its place in the AAC.
    College football rankings: Lindy's preseason Top 25 poll announced - College Football HQ (si.com)
    I predict the Bearcats will have several more players drafted in the 2023 draft, and could top the 9 players selected in 2022. Here are my estimation of players likely to be drafted, without any prediction on rounds:

Should be drafted:
    Jake Renfro (early entry)
    Cam Jones (early entry)
    Lorentz Metz
    Lenny Taylor
    Josh Wyle
    Malik Vann
    Jabari Taylor
    Ivan Pace
    Ja'von Hicks

Could be drafted:
    Ben Bryant (only if he beats out Prater) - whoever wins the starting QB job has to be salivating with that O-line, all of those receivers/TE, and another loaded backfield.
    Jowan Briggs (let's see how he steps up and if henters the draft early)
    Wilson Huber (it is hard to pass up LB with his 6' 4" frame)
    Nick Mardner (that height, this line, and his speed could add up to a special year)
    Arqon Bush (hey it's possible and I don't see Taj Ward or Justin Harris here yet)

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    21. Cincinnati — The first Group of 5 team to make the College Football Playoff has to replace nine players lost to the NFL Draft to keep its place in the AAC.
    College football rankings: Lindy's preseason Top 25 poll announced - College Football HQ (si.com)

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Three UC players named preseason All-American. Three Bearcats Named Preseason All-Americans - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    tionally for 2023 recruiting. https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...eTeamRankings/This could be a separate thread, bu
    Last edited by Carin's Dad; 06-18-2022, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    20 Bearcats named preseason all AAC. 20 Bearcats Named to Athlon’s Preseason All-AAC Team - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here’s Athlon’s take on UC’s roster, with a predicted #15 ranking. Seems fair, given the key personnel changes.

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...n-preview-2022

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here's Athlon's take on the top 25 (UC #15; AR #22; UH #24):

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...tball-rankings

I just now noticed that the Razorbacks have a LB named Bumper Pool. I haven't played that in ages.
    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 05-26-2022, 11:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    USA has Houston at 19. No mention of UC. Oklahoma Football: Where is OU in USA TODAY Sports latest power rankings
    My gut feeling is that some may not want to mention UC because they do not want a repeat of the perfect storm of last year.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    9.5 wins projected for UC, 9.5 wins projected for Houston, and UCF projected 9 wins.
    College Football Win Total Projections For All 131 Teams: Spring Version (yahoo.com)

Houston does not play UCF and UC. 2022 Football Schedule - University of Houston Athletics (uhcougars.com)

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    Houston is loaded for next year, and I believe we will play them there. Three toughest games: 1. Arkansas 2. Houston 3. UCF...... all on the road!

B.C.
    At least that would mean a return to the AAC championship game, since the Cougars aren't on UC's regular season schedule again this coming season.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Houston is loaded for next year, and I believe we will play them there. Three toughest games: 1. Arkansas 2. Houston 3. UCF...... all on the road!

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    If you scroll down to the second article, you will see Houston at 23 and UC at 25. Big 12 spring football overreactions: Texas offense prepared to explode, Oklahoma defense vastly improves - CBSSports.com

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    With either Prater or Ben winning the QB competition I feel like we will surprise some teams next year. We have our entire OL returning and the RB's will be fine. I like our younger WRs plus the 6'6" transfer from Hawaaii. The defense isn't going to be shabby either. We rotated a lot of players in and have just enough returning starters to have a solid core. As Gangsta said, I agree we are in the 22-30 range for pre-season rankings, but should get a few good games to rise. Starting with Arkansas instead of Arkansas Pine-Bluff will be difficult, but I trust the coaching staff to have our guys ready to play their best.

I'd put us at 26 in my rankings, behind UCF and Houston in AAC. Plenty of oppoertunity to rise

Leave a comment:

• GangstaTakester
    replied
    I'm not sure I would rank us pre-season. I know this list isn't exactly correct because of superseniors, but on our 2 deep on offense we lose QB (Ridder), 3 WR (Pierce, Young, Jones), 2 TE (Whyle, Taylor), RB (Ford) and 1 OL (McConnell).

On defense, we lose 3 DE (Sanders, Taylor, Vann), 2 DL (Brooks, Brown), 1 WLL (Beavers), 1 MKE (Dublanko), 2 CB (Gardner, Bryant), and 2 safety (Hicks, Cook).

I'm not saying they won't be good next year, but rather I can see not being ranked or being ranked #14 because you are losing so many guys, many of whom were awesome. Add on top that, we are losing an offensive coordinator and our special teams coach, and I think you could make any type of argument.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X