• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerry Coombs is inbound
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So we essentially traded Ohio State our good coach for their bad coach? Seems like we got the short end on this one. I’m not a local Cincinnati guy, just an alumni. Coombs has been a failure everywhere but his time at Colerain.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
        So we essentially traded Ohio State our good coach for their bad coach? Seems like we got the short end on this one. I’m not a local Cincinnati guy, just an alumni. Coombs has been a failure everywhere but his time at Colerain.
        I think this is inaccurate. I like Eliano but he was not the guy who recruited our secondary. That was Mickens and Fickell. Coombs has been very successful as a DBs coach both here under Dantonio and Kelly and then at OSU. He's an excellent recruiter and was responsible for recruiting Mike Mickens and DeAngelo Smith as players and then enabled us to grab Brandon Underwood from OSU as a transfer. We don't get to the Orange Bowl without those guys. All of them got drafted.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
          Coombs was not the DC type, but an excellent recruiter and a great motivator. He had plenty of natural talent in the past, but he did coach them up some.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X