G5 2022 Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5 2022 Predictions

Chris Vannini at the Athletic has written up what he thinks is the most likely pecking order for the NY6 spot next year. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3070812/2022...-will-be-open/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The ACC has blocked playoff expansion. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/acc-com...173809756.html

Comment

To be in the NY6 next year, UC will need to win its first game against Arkansas, who is much improved, despite losing a ton of players to the portal.

Also, my "Colerain Sources" tell me that KC will be returning to UC.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
        Also, my "Colerain Sources" tell me that KC will be returning to UC.
        In what capacity? DB coach? Safeties coach? Other defensive assistant? Recruiting assistant?

Comment

Maybe KC will want to just come back to Cincinnati to stay. I would say the most good he could do is recruiting outside of the Cincinnati market.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

In what capacity? DB coach? Safeties coach? Other defensive assistant? Recruiting assistant?
            Not sure, but somebody who is close to him said that they were working out the details. That’s all I heard.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

You’d have to think it’s DBs considering we just lost Eliano.

I’m ok with this. We know he can recruit Ohio and nationally. He’s done it at UC and OSU. We know he can motivate. He’s coached a lot of talented guys. The question for me is did those guys succeed on talent or on coaching or a combo? I don’t really know the answer to that without talking to those guys that played under him.

I’m sure he’ll want the the want the job because of the Ohio retirement system. Everything makes sense here.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

My two cents worth. KC a great motivator and recruiter. Not so much a DB coach. How many times did we see DBs under him stay close in coverage but not finish up by looking back for the ball or breaking up the pass. Two important skills in taking a DB from good to great.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                  The ACC has blocked playoff expansion. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/acc-com...173809756.html
                  Completely stupid! As the article says, the only team that has a chance to get in is Clemson. Why would you not want to give your other conference members a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

Completely stupid! As the article says, the only team that has a chance to get in is Clemson. Why would you not want to give your other conference members a chance?
                    Or pretty much make sure Clemson (&/or if they have a revival, Florida St.) get in the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Or pretty much make sure Clemson (&/or if they have a revival, Florida St.) get in the playoffs?
                      Isn't Notre Dame in the ACC for football?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Isn't Notre Dame in the ACC for football?
                        No, ND is not in the ACC. ND is independent but in the 2020 season because of covid, the played one year as a member and got into the playoffs because of that. They no longer have that luxury. Because of being in the ACC in the "olympic" sports, ND made arrangements to play 3 games each season against ACC opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                          My two cents worth. KC a great motivator and recruiter. Not so much a DB coach. How many times did we see DBs under him stay close in coverage but not finish up by looking back for the ball or breaking up the pass. Two important skills in taking a DB from good to great.
                          I am sure if KC comes in that capacity , CLF and him will be in agreement on technique It is literally a HOME run hire especially with recruiting. he has planted flags in Michigan.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X