• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant Round Up 2022

So at this point we have the following:

Gino Guidugli headed to OC
    Walt Stewart coming in to coach LBs and Sniper
    Kerry Coombs coming in for DBs and possibily Special Teams

If there are anymore I haven't heard anything personally or from other sources but we are in need of a Specials Teams coach and I think you might eventually see Brayden Coombs name pop up here if his Dad doesn't end up in the role. He's been in the NFL for a bit and would have to take a large salary cut though. He's managed burned some bridges in the NFL. Calling a fake punt without telling the head coach tends to get you fired at that level.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-17-2022, 04:30 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

For those who are not familair with Coombs from Kerry's last stop here:

https://www.on3.com/teams/ohio-state...fensive-backs/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      So at this point we have the following:

Gino Guidugli headed to OC
      Walt Stewart coming in to coach LBs and Sniper
      Kerry Coombs coming in for DBs and possibily Special Teams

If there are anymore I haven't heard anything personally or from other sources but we are in need of a Specials Teams coach and I think you might eventually see Brayden Coombs name pop up here if his Dad doesn't end up in the role. He's been in the NFL for a bit and would have to take a large salary cut though. He's managed burned some bridges in the NFL. Calling a fake punt without telling the head coach tends to get you fired at that level.
      why no announcement on KC and Walter

Comment

Thamel: "Sources: Cincinnati is hiring Central Michigan offensive line coach Mike Cummings as the school's new line coach. Cummings is a former OC at UConn and Central Michigan. UC is figuring out a potential role within the program for current coach Ron Crook."

J. Williams: "I can also confirm that former Central Michigan offensive line coach Mike Cummings is taking the same position at Cincinnati. Cummings and newly elevated offensive coordinator Gino Guidugli worked together previously at CMU. Cummings takes over for Ron Crook."
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-17-2022, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I am hoping that Gino is Cincinnati through and through and will stay for the long haul. I am betting that he will remain the constant for UC football for the future.

Comment

Gino must want to do something different here with blocking schemes. Seems weird that they’d just push out Crook.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thamel:

Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell tells ESPN that UC is promoting Gino Guidugli to offensive coordinator. This promotion will continue his role as UC’s play caller, which Fickell said began at the start of 2021. Guidugli is a former UC star QB and was QB coach/pass game coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                I am hoping that Gino is Cincinnati through and through and will stay for the long haul. I am betting that he will remain the constant for UC football for the future.
                Should a head coaching job be offered, and the UC head coach is still Luke, I'd be excited for Gino. Of all the QBs coming though Clifton, Gino is still on my favorites. He had/has swagger, and backed it up on the field.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Thamel:

Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell tells ESPN that UC is promoting Gino Guidugli to offensive coordinator. This promotion will continue his role as UC’s play caller, which Fickell said began at the start of 2021. Guidugli is a former UC star QB and was QB coach/pass game coordinator.
                  We were all over Denbrock for his play calling this year and it wasn’t even him. He just had veto power. Gino was calling plays all year.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We were all over Denbrock for his play calling this year and it wasn’t even him. He just had veto power. Gino was calling plays all year.
                    Ha! That was exactly my thought, too, when I read that Gino was calling plays this season. But it was easy to think that because the play-calling did not seem dissimilar from previous Dembrock years.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Ha! That was exactly my thought, too, when I read that Gino was calling plays this season. But it was easy to think that because the play-calling did not seem dissimilar from previous Dembrock years.
                      Now that we know, are we still happy Gino is OC? Serious question.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Kerry Coombs will in fact be Special Teams Coordinator in addition to CBs per Justin Williams.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm happy he's here. Consistency is important for a reload year. The OLine will be the same but many of our playmakers will be young guys (unless Ben wins the QB battle). We can judge him after next year

Comment

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel
                            Sources: University of Cincinnati expected to hire former Ohio State DC Kerry Coombs as the school’s new corners coach and special teams coordinator. He’s a former UC assistant who spent more than two decades coaching high school football in Cincinnati.
                            9:10 AM · Jan 18, 2022·

Comment

Kerry Coombs will in fact be Special Teams Coordinator in addition to CBs per Justin Williams.

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel
                              Sources: University of Cincinnati expected to hire former Ohio State DC Kerry Coombs as the school’s new corners coach and special teams coordinator. He’s a former UC assistant who spent more than two decades coaching high school football in Cincinnati.
                              9:10 AM · Jan 18, 2022·

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X