Big 12 Restructure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 Restructure

We're in the same division as Oklahoma. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-big-...182632381.html

North: Cincy, BYU, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Okla, Okla St

South: Baylor, Houston, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, UCF, WVA

Not sure that’s official yet. I heard they may also lineup East-West.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
      We're in the same division as Oklahoma. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-big-...182632381.html

North: Cincy, BYU, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Okla, Okla St

South: Baylor, Houston, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, UCF, WVA
      Oklahoma and Texas are going to the SEC, though. I doubt they stay through 2025.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Oklahoma and Texas are going to the SEC, though. I doubt they stay through 2025.
        Somebody said they have a 9 figure buyout.

Comment

If I had a vote, I would vote not to be in the same division as BYU. It is not that I want to avoid playing them, I just do not want to travel there. I would like to be in with WVU just because of past history and that it is a game that can be travelled to and their fans have been historically cool. UCF is a tossup - I would like to keep them in the division because of past rival and also, they are in Florida but they do not bring the glamor of the rest of the conference. I would vote for ISU, WVU, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor (oops, that is one too many teams). I know that K and KS will be together and I suspect that we will be with them. I have also read that OK and TX has a 9 figure buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Somebody said they have a 9 figure buyout.
            and that would be a minimum of $100 Million?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post

and that would be a minimum of $100 Million?
              "According to Chip Brown of Horns247, ESPN still owes the University of Texas roughly $160 million on the 20-year $300 million contract for Longhorn Network. That money could then be used by Texas and Oklahoma to pay the roughly $140 million the two schools would owe the Big 12 to leave for the SEC immediately." https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2...ut-big-12-sec/

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                If I had a vote, I would vote not to be in the same division as BYU. It is not that I want to avoid playing them, I just do not want to travel there. I would like to be in with WVU just because of past history and that it is a game that can be travelled to and their fans have been historically cool. UCF is a tossup - I would like to keep them in the division because of past rival and also, they are in Florida but they do not bring the glamor of the rest of the conference. I would vote for ISU, WVU, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor (oops, that is one too many teams). I know that K and KS will be together and I suspect that we will be with them. I have also read that OK and TX has a 9 figure buyout.
                The WVU fans are friendly (until they have had their 10th beer)!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

The WVU fans are friendly (until they have had their 10th beer)!

B.C.
                  True on both counts....same as uc fans. I'll never forget talking to a WV prison guard at a UC football game. He was getting screamed at for cheering for WVU by a UC fan. I kinda wanted to see him lay down some law.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    Not sure that’s official yet. I heard they may also lineup East-West.
                    Not official is correct.

Also, I doubt both exiting schools stick around for 2025. ESPN will move money around.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

BYU's take on joining...
                      BYU athletics: Are football stadium upgrades needed for move to Big 12? - Deseret News

This has a whole lot of information about the turmoil in football in 2021.
                      Why 2021 was a year of constant upheaval for college football (espn.com)

Does it pay for realignment?
                      Does conference realignment pay off? No, according to this research (yahoo.com)

Oh, here is one asking whether the Big 12 is better without looserville.
                      Did Big 12 make a mistake not taking Louisville a decade ago? (statesman.com)
                      Last edited by bearcatbret; 02-04-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X