Polls 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls 2022

The preseason Coaches Poll is out and we’re starting at 22.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...23/2022-08-08/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The preseason Coaches Poll is out and we’re starting at 22.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...23/2022-08-08/
    As usual, G5 schools barely get a sniff. The Bearcats are the top G5 school on the list, followed by UH at #25. BYU is #29, while UCF rest at #32.

Comment

I really feel UC is underrated this year moreso than last year. While QB and RB are the two biggest questions, skill players get more time to produce when playing behind a solid O-line. This team really has done a great job reloadin as opposed to rebuilding the roster. Many players had significant playing time last year. Beat Arkansas, then toughest game will be in the Bounce House. Survive and then host Houston in Conference Championship Game with a seaon of winning to build confidence.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

As usual, G5 schools barely get a sniff. The Bearcats are the top G5 school on the list, followed by UH at #25. BYU is #29, while UCF rest at #32.
        Are there fewer G5 coaches who get to vote?

Comment

I think this disrespect is by design to keep last year from happening again. Its almost impossible for a team to get in the playoffs (top 4) when starting at 22 or 25, even if you go undefeated.

Comment

To make matters worse, now I am reading they think we are overrated at 22 !! Fick has plenty motivational topics for the boys. This season is about establishing ourselves as a premier program and not a one hit wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
              I think this disrespect is by design to keep last year from happening again. Its almost impossible for a team to get in the playoffs (top 4) when starting at 22 or 25, even if you go undefeated.
              Fortunately, neither the coaches nor writers have any say, in the final analysis. It'll be all up to the committee. They won't start their rankings until midseason.

There are 66 coaches who vote. Of those this season, 35 are from G5 schools, including Luke Fickell. At this point in the preseason, there's no way for these coaches to know the quality of any teams beyond their own and those within their conference, if even that. It's all name recognition.
              Last edited by swilsonsp4; 08-08-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

In my view, pre-season rankings are garbage. How can anyone know how teams will perform even before any teams have played any games? You can speculate, which is no basis for a legitimate opinion as to a team’s prospects. Win your games to give yourself the best chance of being considered. Control those factors you can control. Everything else will work out how it should.

Comment

You know preseason polls are junk when Texas gets a first place vote from a coach. Why? And who was it?
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Now that it is a pay for play world, who else would you pick as number one when you have the wealthiest football program?

Comment

I hope our schedule somehow gets some ranked teams as we move along. It’s my one worry…..gotta win a road SEC opener to get some magic going but I don’t see a lot of influential games this year outside a conference championship game

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                        I hope our schedule somehow gets some ranked teams as we move along. It’s my one worry…..gotta win a road SEC opener to get some magic going but I don’t see a lot of influential games this year outside a conference championship game
                        At UCF will be a good matchup if they are undefeated at the time. Hosting an undefeated Houston in Dec would also be nice. I agree with you, outside of a surpising good Are-Kansas, the schedules is very weak compared to the 2023 gauntlet when new conference play begins.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

At UCF will be a good matchup if they are undefeated at the time. Hosting an undefeated Houston in Dec would also be nice. I agree with you, outside of a surpising good Are-Kansas, the schedules is very weak compared to the 2023 gauntlet when new conference play begins.
                          If you think ours is weak, check out Houston's
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

If you think ours is weak, check out Houston's
                            That's why they will be undefeated and still coming to Clifton or Orlando in December.

Comment

Wake Forest should drop out of the polls next week. Sam Hartmann, the star QB, is out indefinitely with a non football medical issue per On3
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X