Kennesaw St. 9/10 3:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennesaw St. 9/10 3:30 ESPN+

This game is a sell out which I'm honestly a little surprised at because it's against an FCS school. Kennesaw is a good FCS school although they opened with a road loss to Samford this past weekend. The Owls out of Atlanta have been to the FCS playoffs a couple times in the last few years and were ousted int the second round last season. They were a preseason top 10 pick in the FCS ranks by several publications.

This game will be a challenge for us defensively and a good warm up for Navy because KSU runs the Flexbone triple option on offense. Much like Navy you have to be able to stop the dive play. Based on the box score against Samford last week it would appear they go over the top much more than Navy would as the QB went 5 for 13 for 135. They ran for about two hundreds yards in that game from 8 different rushers.

We should win this game but I have feeling we're going to have to be patient about it and much like playing Navy they will dominate the clock if we aren't careful and can't sustain drives on offense.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/338

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Samford torched the Owls D for 4 TD's. The QB went 18/24 for 289 yards. I expect UC to do likewise and more.

Last year at Navy, UC won the toss and, out of character, took the ball. They failed to advance and the Midshipmen controlled the slow tempo. I believe I would do the same, if we win the toss. The KSU defense is not very strong. I doubt that Ben Bryant will be pressured much and should have time to throw.

Cats win going away, 45-7.

Comment

I have a pair of tickets for this one if someone needs them.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Anthony Simeone, Taylor McHargue on the ESPN+ feed

Not familiar with either

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          I have a pair of tickets for this one if someone needs them.
          Spoken for
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Any word on the Vann injury?

Comment

Evan Prater is fun to watch. 4-4 92 yards passing. One rush 44 yards TD.
              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Good game. Need to clean up the stupid penalties and work harder on pass defense. Still think Prater has a higher ceiling for us. Charles McClendon had a good game and ran hard. Glad to see hei is finally getting his chance.
                Last edited by Greg7173; 09-10-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Prater has NFL upside. Ben Bryant has another year of eligibility after this year. Evan is a redshirt sophomore. Elite 11 QB Luther Richesson entered Transfer Portal. Do you wanna go into the BIG12 with Ben Bryant?

Comment

Prater has a nice zip to his passes, and runs like Desmond. He should be the starter. Ben passes well, but with no run threat, defenses know that once he drops back, 99% chance there will be a pass, which they will be ready for.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                      Prater has NFL upside. Ben Bryant has another year of eligibility after this year. Evan is a redshirt sophomore. Elite 11 QB Luther Richesson entered Transfer Portal. Do you wanna go into the BIG12 with Ben Bryant?
                      Thank you for this. We were trying to figure out at the game today if Bryant had another year. I trust the coaches, but I admit I keep pulling for the hometown fellow.

Comment

as a Bearcat fan I ask myself do I want two years of Ben Bryant at the expense of losing Evan Prater. The answer to that is no.

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

Thank you for this. We were trying to figure out at the game today if Bryant had another year. I trust the coaches, but I admit I keep pulling for the hometown fellow.

Comment

Evan should be starting, using this softer home stretch (Kennesaw, Miami & IU) to build rapport with the offense and get some valuable experience with the 1’s. Love Fickell but this situation is a real head scratcher. I’ve watched a younger Evan hit receivers long with great accuracy on a regular basis​​​​​. Ben is super one dimensional. These blitzes where the D gets through early are guaranteed sacks-Ben has no ability to ad lib in the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                            Evan Prater is fun to watch. 4-4 92 yards passing. One rush 44 yards TD.
                            Looks much more comfortable this year. I agree with everyone else. Do not want to lose him to the transfer portal.

Comment

It was nice to see a full house prior to kick-off.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X